Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What's your daily driver?

Corvette? C5 in summer time and C4 in the snow…. As my sig says. “I drive a vette or I stay home!”

Until I get new tires on my 95 Monte Carlo, the 98 Coupe is all day, every day. Otherwise, it's the Monte on bad days and days when there is salt residue on the road but the Vette on every other day.

Nice days (no rain or snow) my 2000 Mag red converitble
Not nice days 1994 Toyota 4 runner (only 58K on this baby)

This is my daily driver except when it snows then it's the better half's 4WD Yukon. Fortunatly it hardly ever snows here.
Doc

most days this is my DD
DSC00130.JPG

102,000 and counting; but Like GMJunkie I can toss a coin and jump into a C3

I'm gonna have build a Bigger Barn!!The 78 L82,96LT4,and 02 Zo6 are inside with the 72 Olds and 72 K5 Blazer!!:D I only have 1 stall left that I can work in!!:W :W

Sunny for the Vette....Mud, Snow and Hills for the FJ!

When the weather is fair I drive the Vette. If it is slightly nasty I take my wife's BMW. When the mud or snow are knee to waist deep I grab my new FJ Crusier cause nothing stops this baby!

FJ%20Cruiser%20Front%20View.jpg

FJ%20Cruiser%20Side%20Rear%20Doors.jpg

RG

DD is a '03 Audi A4 1.8 Turbo w/Quattro, great in the snow and ice in the Northeast. But wish I still had my '98 Z-71 Chevy P/U!

Although my Z06 sees most of my regular driving, I have recently added a vehicle that fills the need for those time when a comfortable front wheel drive is necessary.

Allow me to introduce you to my Tony Soprano-mobile: a 1993 Cadillac Sixty-Special.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Onyx Black (hey, at least Cadillac gives "black" a supporting adjective) with nice, dark windows. Black leather interior which features 22-way adjustable power seats. 4.9L V-8 engine with 120,000 miles on the clock. Remote start for those cold mornings. And a trunk large enough to transport up to four adult-sized stiffs to the docks (ya never know when you're gonna have to 'whack' someone.) ;)

Runs like it's floating over the road. Best of all, it was a cash transaction- no loan, no monthly payments.

-Patrick

My DD is a 2005 Accord EX V6 coupe...240hp, only 5 down from the '87 C4 I had....now torque, that's a different story! Actually other than my Corvettes this Accord is probably the quickest and fastest car I've ever owned out of 40+! Comfy, good handling for a sedan and quite capable of passing both slow moving buicks and gas stations: 32.87mpg on my last road trip.

OTOH any excuse to drive my C5 is perfectly valid especially with good weather rapidly vanishing here in N. Inndeeannurr...Winter...phoooey! DFO

DD is a 2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE. One of the better V6's ever produced which in various guises power most of all Nissan and Infinity sedans. The '03 has 245HP; 240lbs torque. I probably drive this pewter colored 4-door sedan faster (on average) than my '01 Torch Red C5 (the color just attracts too mich attention). I drive the C5 faster in spurts but I'm always on the lookout for LEOs. I blend in better in the Nissan - knock on wood.

A '98 torch red convertible. :D

Ask me again next month though - weatherman reports it's snowing at South Lake Tahoe this morning!

I had to work up in that mess last week. My daily driver is a 96 Kenworth ten-wheeler.

Sun, Wind, Snow, Rain, Sleet, Hail.........

All right let's not make any comments like "hey Remo is that a Ford". Yes my friends it is. Its an F150 the best selling truck in the world. This one get's the job done everyday and is terrific in the snow.

Remo:cool

34194BLACKBEAST_006.jpg

88 MR2

A 1988 MR2. My most recent project. The car was given to me with a blown engine. Did an engine swap and fussed with the whole bonded title drill and voila! 30 MPG around town and I can park it anywhwere. The next teenager gets it soon though!

My DD is a black (onyx) '06 GMC Z71 Sierra ext. cab, or on occasion my duaghters '01 Neon (She's away at college). The '03 Torch Red is a weekender, as long as the weather is nice.

05 Dodge Caravan .... a "company car"

98 Volvo XC .... family ski and vacation hauler (a roof box that has never been off).

96 Toyota T-100 4wd .... for skiing and hauling the dirt bikes.

95 Saab 900 .... wife's car ... her "Humpty Dumpty Mobile" cause' in a white 2dr it looks like someone left a egg on wheels in the driveway.

My 2000 C-5 coupe 6 speed black on black. What a ride everyday. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom