Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

When my coupe grows up...

Tripleblack51

Corvette
C7 Z06 /1967 Coupe
I want it to look like this!!

67heaven-firstdrive-by-fuelie.jpeg

Man, what an incredible looking beast that is!

I never get tired of looking at it..

:beer
Pedro

I agree! 67 Heaven has a beautiful ride. I hope my 65 looks half as good. 67...I have a couple of questions for you. 1st - How do you keep the skin on your legs getting out when the exhaust is hot? 2nd - Can I get those style pipe for a small block?

Thanks for the inspiration, to all you great car builders.
Al

Al 65 Sting said:
I agree! 67 Heaven has a beautiful ride. I hope my 65 looks half as good. 67...I have a couple of questions for you. 1st - How do you keep the skin on your legs getting out when the exhaust is hot? 2nd - Can I get those style pipe for a small block?

Thanks for the inspiration, to all you great car builders.
Al

I can answer those
1 you only do it once ;LOL
2 yes they are Hooker Sidemounts availabe in both BB and SB styles, I think they are Hookers biggest seller.

bossvette said:
I can answer those
1 you only do it once ;LOL

Amen, brother. That was the last time I wore shorts........about 30 years ago. :gap

When I took the body man for a ride a couple of weeks ago, he had shorts on. I warned him. ;shrug Now, when I drop by the shop, he grabs whoever is nearby, pulls up his coverall leg to show off his burn scar and says, "See, I had one of the first rides", with a big ol' grin on his puss. :D

bossvette said:
2 yes they are Hooker Sidemounts availabe in both BB and SB styles, I think they are Hookers biggest seller.

I saw a set on a '66 Canadian Pontiac full-size wagon a few years ago. They only went about half-way along the rocker panel. :crazy (Well, maybe a little more than half-way ;) )

67HEAVEN said:
Amen, brother. That was the last time I wore shorts........about 30 years ago. :gap

We are talking Florida here. I wear shorts about 300 days of the year. I guess the hookers are out. Not that I gotta make a decision right away. I just pulled the motor out to start the project.

Al

Al

If the hookers are out because they are too risky in shorts, what about factory style sidepipes?
While the shields do get warms, the amount the heat they block is amazing. After a 2 hour drive I was able to actually put my hands on the shields for a few seconds without a problem. Most of the summer I'm driving the car i'm wearing shorts also and no socks either to protect my ankles or lower legs and never once had a problem burning myself and neither has my wife.
Personally, I think the midyears just look great with sidepeipes - whichever style of pipes is only a minor preference. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom