Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

When to replace injectors?

vettebuff

Corvette
1986 coupe white/silver
When is it usually time to replace the fuel injectors?
What symptoms should I be looking for?
I have an 86 with 160k miles. Everything eles has been rebuilt or replaced througout the years (for different reasons) but not the injectors. It is all stock, no mods.

HI there,
A quick test is to do a resistance check between the 2 pins on the actual injectors.
16.5 ohms is what they should be.
The tolerance is + - 1.0 ohm.
Allthebest, c4c5

i JUST did mine last week on a 91 with 109k. the injectors had resistance readings all over the place. from a low of 4.6ohms to a high of 18ohms. i called jim at TPIS and he sent me out a matched set with gaskets and NDA shipping for $425. 4 hours labor and the car runs perfect.

injectors

i JUST did mine last week on a 91 with 109k. the injectors had resistance readings all over the place. from a low of 4.6ohms to a high of 18ohms. i called jim at TPIS and he sent me out a matched set with gaskets and NDA shipping for $425. 4 hours labor and the car runs perfect.

my 86 coupe had a problem idling, and starting. new injectors solved both problems. runs and starts and idles perfect. car has 127000 miles. went with 24lb injectors.

need new injectors for my l-98,89,tips on installation?..

have at least 3 bad ones,someone repaced just 4 of the oems,running but is not doing well.most like shorted and on all the time.am thinking of getting a set of 8 fmade by excell is that ok? im an industrail mech.so I think i can do this myself,the shop wanted 100 bucks an injector and 6 hours labor at 80 bucks a pop.Any helpful installation hints would be greatly listened to.I need this car badly to get back and forth to work,hope the is some help out there. tx, Capt bane

When is it usually time to replace the fuel injectors?
What symptoms should I be looking for?
I have an 86 with 160k miles. Everything eles has been rebuilt or replaced througout the years (for different reasons) but not the injectors. It is all stock, no mods.

Your car looks like it doesn't need new injectors with a burnout like that.

Nice job on melting your tires.

Check out the Ford "pink top" injectors. I think there are sets going on eBay in the $175-200 neighborhood.

My philosophy is that if you have the original injectors on there and have to replace one or a few of them, just go ahead, spend the extra money and replace all of them. The time for the work isn't going to be much longer. But the time and aggravation an injector problem will cause you because you didn't change it when you had everything off will probably :W you.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom