Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where are all the ZR-1 mods???

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
Guys,

Looking through all the catalogs, I noticed that there aren't that many high performance modifications for the ZR-1's.

Anyone have their ZR's moded beyond bolt ons?

Look at LPE, Vette Docs, SGC, Rippie (if he still does them), Jeal and you will see where they are. The LT5 doesn't have a lot of bolt ons, but then again it doesn't need them.

There are more aftermarket parts available for ZR-1's now than ever before. You just have to know where to look or ask. What are you looking for,specifically?

They run well enough with a good catback exhaust system and a custom prom, to scare the hair right off your balls !!!!

vettl83 said:
They run well enough with a good catback exhaust system and a custom prom, to scare the hair right off your balls !!!!

:eek :eek :L :L :L :L

porting the intake and inj housing, headers, good exh, and custom chip will take you a LONG way with a good running zr1. if you have the extra bucks, pull the engine, port the heads and have the cams timed.

the zr1 is stout from the factory, but has room to build lots of furry little ponies if done right. not the cheapest engine to mod, just the best.

my LPE 368 wasn't cheap (but thank god I didn't pay for the mods) but does 536 HP at 7500 rpms with a very flat torque curve and a wide power band which is what makes all the difference.

vettl83 said:

Whooooooeeeeeeeee!!!! :J

Two word's......."Fleece boxer's!" A must buy for all ZR-1 owner's. :)

vettl83 said:

vettl83 said:

Oh so thats what happened

alot of folks ask me how fast I've been in my zr1

that's it!?!!?

yea, but it was backwards when I hit 3rd at 7200 and spun it.

oh

yes, I do have some fur left but lost quite a bit of it on that ride!!!

still picking pieces of leather out of the hiney.

the LPE 368 is scarrier still. I drive it year round and in the cold air that car rocks, but traction is a bit hard to come by even when warm and under 30 the tires are too hard!!

see the world through a screaming face

LBA @ 180

You mean there are still a few Zs unmodified? :Roll :s :Roll :s :Roll

hey pete, those are some good 60 ft times, especially on the GSC's!!! what rpm do you launch at??/ I don't have that much dragstrip experience with the zr1 and those times are very impressive for the small mods.

the lt5 is a brute to be sure.

cya

Thanks Ron
My sig doesn't mention that my Z weighs just under 3400 lbs
with me in the car.
About those 60ft it doesn't mention that i go thru 2 sets of clutchs a season cause i kind of ride the clutch out,basicly i hold the revs at about 3500 and release the clutch slow while mantaining the rpm's (since i have the stock 3.45 gears),
and i powershift.
I have run 11.90's twice the rest of them were 12.00's and 12.10's on GS-C's temps were in the 50's.
On another day i borrowed a friends DR's and was running in the high 11's, 11.80 was the best.
I always look at my MPH to see what power the car makes.
Hoping to be a little faster this year. :)

vettl83 said:

I just thought it was just the old age setting in.

looks like the LPE body kit with a toledo pro high rise hood.

looks great!!! tell us more about this upgrade. thanks.

Ron,
Not much more to tell, just takes time to get everything properly aligned and all the LPE glass worked smooth & trimmed properly. It requires modifying the turn/fog lamps to cut off the fog lamp section, seal the housing & make inboard mounts as the front opening would expose the fog lamps. Rear side clearance lamps are deleted due to the "vents" behind the rear wheels being identical to the front, contrary to what is shown in the LPE photos. Must be a slightly different version. Rear end is awesome. Going to delete roof mount brake light in favor of LED strip about 12" long in center of spoiler. Makes for a smoother look. Toledo Pro hood is a really nice piece of glass. Painted underside same as exterior to make a bit more showey when hood is up.

Looks even better in real than LPE photos do! Anyone know where or who owns the other 3 LPE Aerobodys? One red one for sure, would like to know what color the other 2 are.

Several other mods including wheels/tires/brakes/engine & interior are following as soon as body is done.

Hope this is of interest to you & thanks for asking.

Jerry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom