Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where to mount a Sirius antenna on a C3?

C3forME

Corvette
1977 Coupe
I have a Kenwood Sirius ready radio in my car and can't decide where to put the magnetic antenna for best reception and a spot where it is the least noticeable. Has anyone here installed it in/on there car? Pics?

I put mine on the air cleaner, the fiberglass hood lets the antenna get the signal with no problem. I thought at first that the engine heat would be a problem but after two years and many summer trips it's still going strong.

That's interesting!!
I was thinking of getting one I could switch between the cars when I'm not in my big truck and I have been wondering where I was going to mount the antenna on the vette!
And you say the heat from the engine is NOT a problem??? that would be my biggest concern!!!

BTW Welcome to CAC,Burklandt!!!!
enjoy!!!

I just stick mine on my dashboard right up by the windshield and defroster. I dont have any reception problems and it makes it so I can move my XMSiriusSky Dock between cars. This way I dont have to fish any wires through the firewall either...

If the signal goes through fiberglass, then couldn't you mount the magnetic antenna on top of the gas tank? Then you could route everything out of sight. You'd need some extensions, but they aren't that expensive.

Let me know how it works out- I have Sirius in one of my other cars and I love it.

They are ment to sit in direct sunlight so they are heat resistant. I ran mine out through the door jamb using the molding to hold it. Takes only a few minutes to remove to put in another vehicle.

What about making some type of fixture for mounting it on the rear deck?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom