Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who here is planning on purchasing a new ZR1?

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
So out of curiosity, who here is planning on purchasing a new ZR1 when they come out? :D

Not a chance - don't have the money to play the bidding war for one.

I agree with Tuna. If I could purchase one at window sticker, I'd consider it as my last Corvette...ever. True, I might have said the same thing to my wife about the past two Corvettes. But this time it would be the truth.....honest.:)
Remo:cool

2534691700103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

So out of curiosity, who here is planning on purchasing a new ZR1 when they come out? :D

I've been contacted to begin the ordering process. Have been on the waiting list since 2004. Dealer will be calling next week to take the order. He is getting 18 total. GM to ship to him 2 per month.

Ordered my wife's ZR1 yesterday. Was told 8-10 weeks for delivery. We'll see. Anyway, will pay a premium, but not as much as I have read here or quoted from another dealer.

Can't wait!

Ordered my ZR1 yesterday. Was told 8-10 weeks for delivery. We'll see. Anyway, will pay a premium, but not as much as I have read here or quoted from another dealer.

Can't wait!

Congrats, Jim!
What color did you order? Did you opt for Museum Delivery? I hope you're not averse to posting photos of this Corvette beast when you take delivery! I'd love to see them.

:wJane Ann

Jane Ann,

Thanks. Cyber Gray w/dark titanium interior. Yes, I'll be taking delivery at the NCM. I'll be sure to share pics.

Jane Ann,

Thanks. Cyber Gray w/dark titanium interior. Yes, I'll be taking delivery at the NCM. I'll be sure to share pics.

Excellent on all counts! Now I can look forward to your delivery too. ;)

Again, my congratulations!

:wJane Ann

I see on Ebay that a dealer is selling one that you can order. The bidding is the amount you are willing to pay OVER the MSRP.

Last night the bid was up over 50K! Unbelievable! Congrats to those who can afford one of these beasts.

It's so intreasting.I'm about to order a 09 (cheap one) basic LS3 vert and i;m getting prices of invoice minus $500 out the door.

For those that are ordering the ZR1 I wish ya the best.It'll be a great car.

I see on Ebay that a dealer is selling one that you can order. The bidding is the amount you are willing to pay OVER the MSRP.

Last night the bid was up over 50K! Unbelievable! Congrats to those who can afford one of these beasts.

Wow! Feeling much better about the deal I worked.

Yes, I am planning on buying one. Just like LMOO5, I have been on the waiting list for several years.

I think the ZR1 might open up a few ZO6's for sale and maybe I can afford one of those. :upthumbs

The hard part would be convincing my wife that we need another Corvette. :boogie

Man, am I bummed out. I put down $10k almost 2 years ago for one, at MSRP.
Honorable dealer, no worries about price adjustment. BUT, just saw the allocation "list" and he's not on it.

Does anyone know the URL for this list? Or know if it's the first allocation - or the first year's allocation? My dealer doesn't know...(much)

Oh well, if I'd put that $10k in the stock market for the last two years It likely would have turned into $5k, so I got that going for me...

New ZR1 committed

I bought one 41K over MSRP. Crazy but still a bargain for the HP. I will sell my Z06 I can not wait.
Pairborne

I bought one 41K over MSRP. Crazy but still a bargain for the HP. I will sell my Z06 I can not wait.
Pairborne
Cool. Keep us posted when you get it and what you think of it.

And welcome to the Corvette Action Center. :w

I came real close to ordering one, but after careful consideration decided to put it on the back burner.
Factors include, price, gas guzzler tax, sales tax, and falling stock market.

Might change my mind later, but for now am completely satisfied with a Z06. :)

I think the ZR1 might open up a few ZO6's for sale and maybe I can afford one of those. :upthumbs

The hard part would be convincing my wife that we need another Corvette. :boogie

Get one, then beg forgiveness, rather than asking for permission.:D

Get one, then beg forgiveness, rather than asking for permission.:D

With my wife, that might actually work as she loves Corvettes as much as I do. :v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom