Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

who is using MSD ignitions

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
I have the 6Al installed, and am looking for a better way to tie into the power. right now I just have it stripped and wrapped on the inside on the battery terminals. Gotta be a better way .

MSD with RPM Limiter

I am not familar with the MSD other than what I read on the Pantera Connection (72 460 horse pre-L). Many of those race car owners opt for the Jacobs electronic set-up. Its about the same price and produces pretty much equal results. It seems 40% plus have experience problems with the MSD -tach not working, wrong limiter, shorts, incomplete and error prone directions etc.
Certainly you have a better understanding of the MSD for the Corvette, but the same MSD on a Boss Cleveland 351 can be an adventure. Just my two cents.
Lar

Re: MSD with RPM Limiter

ZR100060 said:
I am not familar with the MSD other than what I read on the Pantera Connection (72 460 horse pre-L). Many of those race car owners opt for the Jacobs electronic set-up. Its about the same price and produces pretty much equal results. It seems 40% plus have experience problems with the MSD -tach not working, wrong limiter, shorts, incomplete and error prone directions etc.
Certainly you have a better understanding of the MSD for the Corvette, but the same MSD on a Boss Cleveland 351 can be an adventure. Just my two cents.
Lar

well I have nothing but good things to say about mine, as with anything else if people would stop to read directions there would be less problems. the tachs can be fixed by cutting a tach wire or buying the kit as they mention. the problems as I see them are most people who use these things think they know more than the manufacturers and don't have to read any info that comes with it, then gripe because the prodducts crap. Of all the people I know who have had problems it was there own fault in installing it

Re: Re: MSD with RPM Limiter

supernatural400 said:
... as with anything else if people would stop to read directions there would be less problems.

:upthumbs

_ken :w

This discussion is irrlevant and makes zero sense because the MSD 6 series of CD ignitions doesn't work with the LT5 engine in a ZR1.

The only MSD igntion that will work with the LT5 is the DIS-4 and to install that system presents a packaging and wiring challenge.

Hib Halverson said:
This discussion is irrlevant and makes zero sense because the MSD 6 series of CD ignitions doesn't work with the LT5 engine in a ZR1.

The only MSD igntion that will work with the LT5 is the DIS-4 and to install that system presents a packaging and wiring challenge.

What. !! Are you sure your in the right thread , I don't see any mention of a ZR-1, All I was asking was where people mounted it.
and no discussions are irrlevent if people are willing to talk about it:confused

M.S.D.

I use M.S.D.it is diferent than your's but I will say that the qaulity is excellent.Easy to tune.My2 cents

msd 6al

Installed a msd6al in my 93. No problem. Mounted it under the right headlight. Nice and cool there. Made a big difference.
Has anyone, besides me, installed NOS?

Not in the vette, but I just put the LS1 kit in my "Z", with 150 shot

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom