Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Who's Your Favorite Front Non "Film" Bra..??

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
Now I have 3M Film on the wheel wells and lower door jimmy jams and across the rear deck spoiler & mirrors. But after two attempts by my Vinyl guy, him and I both gave up on the install of the front bra nose sectiom. To Big of a PINA..!!

I know " GM JUNKIE" is the man for the install on that part..(Took Him 5 Hours on the last one he did).. but no way am I driving down south from Joisey. So...I'm thinking just a regular Bra on ..Bra Off type Bra. Since 3M dumped the "3M Film Paint Protection Line" ..I gave up on using that for nose protection.

I'm doing Corvettes at Carlisle this year followed by a direct drive to Bowling Green for the 15th Bash. So..I'll need a Bra for the open road to keep them their Southern baseball size bugs & boulders from ripp-en up the front end of my new 09.
biggrin5.gif

Anyway.. their's a ton of those strap on bra's on the market from $99.00 to $500.00 .... Which one do you guys like the best and why..??
lurk5.gif
cheers2.gif

Now I have 3M Film on the wheel wells and lower door jimmy jams and across the rear deck spoiler & mirrors. But after two attempts by my Vinyl guy, him and I both gave up on the install of the front bra nose sectiom. To Big of a PINA..!!

I know " GM JUNKIE" is the man for the install on that part..(Took Him 5 Hours on the last one he did).. but no way am I driving down south from Joisey. So...I'm thinking just a regular Bra on ..Bra Off type Bra. Since 3M dumped the "3M Film Paint Protection Line" ..I gave up on using that for nose protection.

I'm doing Corvettes at Carlisle this year followed by a direct drive to Bowling Green for the 15th Bash. So..I'll need a Bra for the open road to keep them their Southern baseball size bugs & boulders from ripp-en up the front end of my new 09.
biggrin5.gif

Anyway.. their's a ton of those strap on bra's on the market from $99.00 to $500.00 .... Which one do you guys like the best and why..??
lurk5.gif
cheers2.gif
Correction!! The second one took about 3 1/2 and last one took a little over 2 hours!!
I'm getting better,but not richer!!:boogie:boogie:boogie
It's still a pain in the Donkey!!!:thumb

Correction!! The second one took about 3 1/2 and last one took a little over 2 hours!!
I'm getting better,but not richer!!:boogie:boogie:boogie
It's still a pain in the Donkey!!!:thumb

When you get it down to 30 min...let me know....;LOL

I've had good luck with the GM front mask. It gives a nice tight fit and it is fairly easy to put on and take off.

:thumb Jason

:thumb:thumb That's what I'm using, seems to be the favorite in our club too

Thanks Big Jim and twiget... The GM stuff usually turns out to be worth the money.

I'm also wondering about those stretchy front mask's and how well they work as far as rock chip's go... Doesnt look like much there in that stetchy stuff as far as thickness goes.

:beer

I love my 3M clear bra ,intalled by GM Junkie.:BOW

Glad to hear your front 3M Film installed by the Junkie worked out. Like I said...I've been there twice with my installer guy and their's to just to much agg there for me..:eek:hnoes;shrug:mad

My personal Opinion,I don't like a Bra on my car!! Been There,Done That on other cars in the past!! Seams like to me that they get dirt,sand and even small rocks under them and I never could keep them tight enough to keep them from scuffing,marring and damaging the paint!!:thumb My 03 C5 has close to 63,000 miles and only has 3-4 small chips,(So small you will have to get on your hands and knees to find them!!) I've found that staying out in front and not running the nose up somebody's butt helps keep from getting chips and broken windshields!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

attachment.php

Thanks Big Jim and twiget... The GM stuff usually turns out to be worth the money.

I'm also wondering about those stretchy front mask's and how well they work as far as rock chip's go... Doesnt look like much there in that stetchy stuff as far as thickness goes.

The GM item for a C5 is also one of the less expensive... If I remember correctly, I paid about $82.00 with our club discount.:thumb

My personal Opinion,I don't like a Bra on my car!! Been There,Done That on other cars in the past!! Seams like to me that they get dirt,sand and even small rocks under them and I never could keep them tight enough to keep them from scuffing,marring and damaging the paint!!:thumb My 03 C5 has close to 63,000 miles and only has 3-4 small chips,(So small you will have to get on your hands and knees to find them!!) I've found that staying out in front and not running the nose up somebody's butt helps keep from getting chips and broken windshields!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

I've found that staying out in front and not running the nose up somebody's butt helps keep from getting chips and broken windshields!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Yep That's the ticket... I had my 86 for 20 years and only had a few tiny
chips that were fixed up with GM Touch up paint.
I'm only concerened about the long interstate trips coming up.

I got the Speed Lingerie for my '08 in silver to match. It goes on for long trips like Caravan 2009 and comes off other wise. Ain't cheap but it stays on at speed and you can get it through the National Corvette Museum's store with a discount if you're a member.

The Speed Lingerie bra is a PITA to stretch and get hooked on the fender mounts but once there, it doesn't move. I put an extra coat or 2 of C-Magic on the nose and press on.

If the bra gets wet on the trip and I have time to take it off and let is dry, I do and I brush the dirt and bug stuff off the back side before putting it back on.

When it warms up, I'll put the GM Corvette splash guards on the rear edges of the fenders to protect them.

Yep That's the ticket... I had my 86 for 20 years and only had a few tiny
chips that were fixed up with GM Touch up paint.
I'm only concerened about the long interstate trips coming up.

I drive mostly interstate to Missouri and Florida.Mine was a Garage Queen for the first 2 1/2 years,and then gas got so high that it was to expensive to drive the Olga truck everywhere!:thumb I probly don't need to tell you that Big Blocks are Thirsty!! :L:L:L

I got the Speed Lingerie for my '08 in silver to match. It goes on for long trips like Caravan 2009 and comes off other wise. Ain't cheap but it stays on at speed and you can get it through the National Corvette Museum's store with a discount if you're a member.

The Speed Lingerie bra is a PITA to stretch and get hooked on the fender mounts but once there, it doesn't move. I put an extra coat or 2 of C-Magic on the nose and press on.

If the bra gets wet on the trip and I have time to take it off and let is dry, I do and I brush the dirt and bug stuff off the back side before putting it back on.

When it warms up, I'll put the GM Corvette splash guards on the rear edges of the fenders to protect them.

Thanks for the Reply Tuna,

I am a Member of the Vette Museum ... so If I go for it I'll check out their price. As Stated... I'm only concerned with the up-coming Carlisle & BG trip and any future long distance haul's.

This is the nose cover I purchased. Has the Vette emblem embroidered which is a nice touch and the best price I have found out there for the quality.

C6 Corvette Front Mask - Black - CB3-XA611

The installation is easy, I did mine in about 30minutes first time out. You need to stretch the cover over the nose so don't be shy when putting it on. I detailed that part in another post here on nose covers.

This is the nose cover I purchased. Has the Vette emblem embroidered which is a nice touch and the best price I have found out there for the quality.

C6 Corvette Front Mask - Black - CB3-XA611

The installation is easy, I did mine in about 30minutes first time out. You need to stretch the cover over the nose so don't be shy when putting it on. I detailed that part in another post here on nose covers.

Managed to get it on the nose two weeks ago. I let it bake in the 85* sun along with the 09. After that I managed to stretch it on and snap it down. I left it on the nose for 4 days in the garage.

Took if off and now it has the 09 nose shape built in. Ready to rock for the next install :thumb

Nylon front mask

Because of the rubbing off of paint and the moisture problem, I stay away from the Vinyl front bras or masks. But a CAC sponsor here "Southern Car Parts" has a neat nylon front mask that's really light and can be stored in a empty cup. The price of $135.00 isn't too hard on your wallet and I believe it's the best protection for the money. just my humble opinion ! ;)

Because of the rubbing off of paint and the moisture problem, I stay away from the Vinyl front bras or masks. But a CAC sponsor here "Southern Car Parts" has a neat nylon front mask that's really light and can be stored in a empty cup. The price of $135.00 isn't too hard on your wallet and I believe it's the best protection for the money. just my humble opinion ! ;)

Mine will only be used for the upcoming trip to Carlisle and then to Bowling Green for the 15th Bash. Normally I don't run a bra. I have looked at the stretchey mask but to me it offers no protection from small rocks and hard road debris. To me it's more suited for bug protection then hard stuff. I paid $89.00 for the GM Version.

As soon as I get to Carlisle and BG the Mask comes off. Only for the long hauls.

I have the Speed Lingerie Bra and it fits very well and matches the color of the car. It is pricey though.

I have the Speed Lingerie Bra and it fits very well and matches the color of the car. It is pricey though.

Yep It's the best but very pricey. If your gonna leave it on all the time thats the one to go with.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom