Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wifey's new hood liner...

99mallett

Corvette
'99 Red Coupe, '01 White Vert, '64 Red Vert
My wife is a 10 year Breast Cancer survivor, and a couple of years ago, I "built" her a custom 2001 convertible that was a tribute to Breast Cancer survivors. I completely gutted it and put in a custom white interior and also did some custom covers under the hood. She loves the car, but the ugly black hood liner bothered both of us, and I pondered what to do about it for quite some time.
American Car Craft fixed us up. They custom etched one of their beautiful stainless steel hood liner sets. They put "Survivor" on the upper panel. It has a decorative scrolled "S" with a small ribbon dangling off it. The lower panel has a large ribbon with "find a cure" etched in it. It looks great and she's ecstatic about it.
Here are some pics. The images are a little difficult to see in the pictures, but they look great in person.

Before...
15d25047.jpg

Now...
IMG_6831.jpg

IMG_6835.jpg

IMG_6836.jpg

A few shots of the rest of the car...
58799ea1.jpg

292ce6e3.jpg

231cab74.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

Very nice tribute.

WoW :eek Now that's a "Show Stopper" a "Show Winner" just like you and your wife!!

Congratulations to your wife for 10 years "C" FREE and being able to share her experience :thumb Your tribute is awesome. Every "Surviver" should look to you two for inspiration and taking 2nd place at car shows ;)

Bud & Nanc Dougherty
Amarillo, TX

I found some pics on a disc from the original build.
Here's what it looked like when we got it.

DSC_0362.jpg

Gutted...

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

Preparing the instrument cluster...

IMG_0192.jpg

Cluster finished...

IMG_0219.jpg

Console parts ready to install...

IMG_0229.jpg

Installing the dash & console...

IMG_0402.jpg

Modfied TC plate to accomodate seat heaters...

IMG_0410.jpg

Done...

IMG_0460.jpg

Very cool 99mallet. Well done! Congrats to your wife. :thumb

Congratulations to your wife being CF for so long. That is great. My wife got it about 7 years ago and had it come back this last March ('09) after she went off the chemo pills. She is doing fine right now though after the surgery. I will have to show her this thread. Thanks for doing this tribute car.:thumb

Mallet,

I gotta say that's amazing. You should be proud of yourself and your lady, the two of you deserve kudos, lot's of 'em.

I just called Judy down to the puter room so she could see what you've done. We both keep a good thought, truly.

Thanks for a great series of posts.

Jim and Judy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom