Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

will changing battery on c6 (2008) vette lock the radio code?

yellowtin

Corvette
2008 atomic orange coupe
I don't know the code for the audio system, and need to change the battery. The book says removal of the audio system will lock the unit, but nothing about removing the battery locking the unit. And, if the code is needed, will a dealer be able to "reset" the unit? Thanks in advance. Dennis

I think he's asking about taking the battery out and changing it, not charging. :chuckle

HI there,

On your C6, this is not a factor. What they ARE telling you is that if you attempt to install a different radio or take yours and install in another Corvette, they will not function.

This is due to the computer integration messages between body control and the radio. If they are not syncronized with correct VIN and programming information, they will not function.

Removing the battery will do NOTHING and you will be just fine.

REMEMBER THE BASICS: Negative battery cable first to disconnect and LAST to reconnect. Torque terminals to 71 in lbs.

Allthebest, Paul

Thank you all for your support on this and other matters I've had over the years. Especially to Paul, who helps so many people on this site. Any time I want to learn something about pretty much any corvette, this is where I come first. Thanks again. Dennis

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom