Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Will Optima brand Batteries physically fit in a C4?

*89x2*

Will an Optima battery physically fit in the battery area (without Hacking) on a C4?

The "Redtops" have a second set of cable lugs up on the top (Side post and top posts both) and was wondering how well this model fits a C4 (1989 - if that matters)

Pics if you have 'em :beer

They'd better; I bought one -- just ain't seen it yet. :L

_ken :w

I have the redtop which has both top and side posts. The only thing I had to do was snip two tiny tabs on the battery tray. You'd never notice they are gone. Fits great.

scorp508 said:
I have the redtop which has both top and side posts. The only thing I had to do was snip two tiny tabs on the battery tray. You'd never notice they are gone. Fits great.

I had to do the same when I installed 1 in the Grand Sport.

i had a problem with the optima batteries in my 93,it seems that the top post will arc with the cruise control mount and kill the batterie. the 1st one died after one day,took it back and the same with the new one. i did have to cut the batterie tray,and grind the top post off. i really liked the way it looked but it just would not work in my car,so i got the interstate correct size to factory specs and no problems since.

sanman said:
i had a problem with the optima batteries in my 93,it seems that the top post will arc with the cruise control mount and kill the batterie. the 1st one died after one day,took it back and the same with the new one. i did have to cut the batterie tray,and grind the top post off. i really liked the way it looked but it just would not work in my car,so i got the interstate correct size to factory specs and no problems since.

I have the top / side post version. I left the plastic covers on the top posts and don't seem to have a problem.

The only Optima batterys I've seen come with both terminals.....do they offer the batterys with just the side posts???
Sure would like to know.....
thanks
tony

You can get them with either top posts only, with both top and side posts, but you cannot get it with side posts only. Got it? :L

_ken :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom