Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

window rattle

S

silverc5

Has anyone had a problem with the drivers side window rattling when all the way down. The only way to solve this problem is to keep window up about a inch or two. I just bought the car on friday july 19th 2002. :confused

Do you mean that you just bought the 1997? Or is there a new C5 involved? I haven't seen any complaints on this particular issue, and IIRC, the most of the window adjustments are fairly accessible. The only frequent noise I can recall from that area is the seat belt hitting the door while in its retainer.

I've had a problem with my driver side window since I bought the car in 1999. It's been to the dealer 2 times , so far.

We just bought the 97 and noticed the rattle on the second day. I just wanted to know if anyone currently has or had the same problem and if they were able to get it fixed.

HI there,
There are a few bulletins for inner door rattles from the regulator assemblies.
First, 83-15-05 is for a door rattle, and you would have to install an insulator in the door.
The second, is 00-08-64-004, which is for a noisy regulator movement, or inoperative condition.
Either of these 2 bulletins can be referenced for your concern.
Besttoyou, c4c5:hb

Thanks c4. Got that printed and it's going to the dealer with me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom