Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winter in the North, what do you do??

L82 Shark

Corvette
1979 Red L-82
For those of us in the north what do you do when there is a foot or more of snow on the ground and any road trips are out of the question for at least 4-5 more months. :eyerole

Over here we have to wait for all of the road salts to work there way off the road. (usually the middle of May)

Keep it clean
:beer

For those of us in the north what do you do when there is a foot or more of snow on the ground and any road trips are out of the question for at least 4-5 more months. :eyerole

Over here we have to wait for all of the road salts to work there way off the road. (usually the middle of May)

Keep it clean
:beer

I know your pain.My solution was to store my car at a self storage in Orlando and fly down once a month.

Looked up montana (it's not part of Canada :boogie)looks like ya could head for Vegas ,Phoenix or possibly Albuquerque.

Anyway it's only 109 days till April 1st

Pretty much the same,wait until Spring.

Winter is starting too early here this year.

Ken

I talk to all my friends on the :CAC and dream about the spring. ;)

I talk to all my friends on the :CAC and dream about the spring. ;)
A wise quote from a wise man - at least I got half of that right;LOL. I guess that makes me a wise ass.:boogie

Me, I just feel sorry for you frozen folks. We may get a foot or two over the entire winter but I can usually get out and have some fun as soon as a good rain washes out the most recent salt. However, when I still had the 71, she stayed cooped up end of December to early February.

- Eric:w

I shovel the snow off the sidewalk and porch for my 81 year old neighbor in exchange for keeping my 82 in her garage all winter. And I look at my 98 in my garage every time I go outside to get firewood for the woodstove.
Sometimes I go out and sit in it to reassure her that it won't be long until we get back on the road together. She needs the support in the winter, and a good charge on the battery once a month.:)

Haven't you heard that we're not going to beable to say HO HO HO any more. You'll have to change your plate to HA HA HA.. Just ask Santa..

I spend money on car parts to be ready for spring .

After 18 mos of not driving the car and it sitting outside, now that its inside I think I will have lots of polishing and cleaning to do. At least now the car is in the heated half of the garage.

I spend money on car parts to be ready for spring.
Exactly!!! Christmas and Birthday are great times of the year to buy and receive Vette parts for spring projects. Anywho, I was station at Loring AFB, Maine and Malmstrom AFB, Montana during my ten years of service in the Air Force so I know a little bit about a long and cold winter...:eek:hnoes

My car goes into storage the 1st week of November and doesn't come back out until the end of March, early April. It all depends on how much sand and salt (and snow) is still on the roads. Time is spent updating the checklist for parts, etc as everyone else has said.

mine is in the garage covered up as well and wont be out till spring
meanwhile I get heavily involved in my work!!!!

My 71 will be going into storage for the winter shortly. I rent one of those overpriced units for a few months. My 88 is in my garage. Sometimes I am able to fire them up and go for a ride if the salt is washed away.....I still cant wait till spring again!!!

In the summer, we drive our cars and make love.

In the winter, we don't drive our cars.

My car goes into storage the 1st week of November and doesn't come back out until the end of March, early April. It all depends on how much sand and salt (and snow) is still on the roads. Time is spent updating the checklist for parts, etc as everyone else has said.

Same here, put the vettes away in early November, cancelled part of the insurance, put the insurance back on the blazer equipped with a plow. Had to plow three times in the last 2 weeks and probably do so again this weekend. I drive 4X4s during the winter; they do much better in the snow than a C4 or C5.
And like 67 heaven, I dream a lot, and there is no snow or adverse weather in the dreams. Just great cruises with my fellow CACers.
Barrett

well here in chgo,il i put cars away in november out in ,march ,april every few weeks go out seat in them.the longest few months of the year

We dream of the warm summer time and all those car cruises. Not only that we have time to clean and wax the corvette and drink.

Ackkkkk. Months without my Vette!

I'd go with "move south".

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom