Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winter ride?

S

sharkbait

Am I crazy to think that with a good set of snow tires and a little driving skill a shark would be up to the demands of winter driving?

I live in utah and the winter here is snowy and cold and i "would not" try taking my vette out even if i had snow tires, it's too light and it would be very dangerous... i love my vette too much to try that type os suiscide................

snow Vette

I had a friend that drove his '64 year round in all weather as his only car for 150,000 miles in northern IN. It saw snow tires but eventually a good set of 75 series radials became the tire of choice. My '67 coupe was also a daily driver and saw it's fair share of snow. Of course this was before they were so valuable.

Tom

Here's a picture of the '67 with optional rocker panel mounted snow melters. http://www.corvetteforum.net/bss/59ttom/index5.shtml

I drove mine

I use to drive my 80 in the snow. I didn't like doing it to the ole girl, but if I needed/wanted to go somewhere in the vette off I would go. It drove pretty good I thought. As far as being too light, It's gotta wiegh more then most Japanese cars:r and who would not drive one of them in the snow.........Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom