Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WINTERIZING ?THIS MAY BE A SHORT WINTER ?

If you drive it even every few weeks, there's no reason to winterize. My take on winterization is for people in the Northeast, or other similar places who get snowed in for 3 or 4 months. Here in VA, I'd never put mine away for the winter, you can always sneak in a drive every so often over the winter. In fact I'm gettting ready to start detailing the engine this weekend and the car will be laid up for 1 or 2 months, but I'm not doing anything to it special, I just the other night changed the oil because it was time, not for winterization purposes.

The weather has been super. I've been taking mine out twice a month. No reason to winterize it now. It's 3 months to good weather, March is around the corner. I wouldn't winterize it unless I had no plans to drive it for months on end. My .02

Hi guys.. and thanks again for your input.. Well winter arrived last week although I did get a nice drive in just prior on tuesday ! Since then I have not started or moved the car from the garage.

Tom

This weather gets screwier every year.

Our usual gang of hummingbirds get the heck out of dodge by mid-October ... and they did ... but ..

We had a vagrant Hbird show up all by itself on 26 NOV 06 ... last sighted 07 DEC ... that night dropped to 25F w/tough wind ... Hbird not seen since.

So, if the critters can't get a handle on a forecast ... I sure can't.

Jack:

You must be upstate in apple growing country ! Beautiful area of SC ! Hbirds here head your way in September btw :)

Tom

Just an Update:

It has been close to 60 here as late as the weekend... and in the high 40's and sunny today. Thus far no significant snowfall or temps lower than the mid 20's and just one time with some road salt.

I have kept it in the garage and have not ( I know) been on the road for three weeks or started it up. This is so far the mildest winter in my memory here in NE OH.

I saw a Lambourghini on the road yesterday btw !:L

Tom

Allthumbs,
Just curious where abouts are you located in N.E. Ohio.I'm in the Toledo area..
I've had my cars winterized for a month now.Engines fogged and spark plugs pulled w/ oil injected and gas stabilizer..

Jim

Eastlake on the lake here...had her out tonight for a 1/2 hour

As seen on TV

Tuesday before X-mas we (part of the southwest) got 10" of snow...Friday and Saturday before New Years we got 25" of snow.

Meanwhile, the Wheather Channel is informing how unusually high the temps have been up north and north-east....go figure!:crazy

GerryLP:cool

Meanwhile, the Wheather Channel is informing how unusually high the temps have been up north and north-east....go figure!:crazy

GerryLP:cool

Its one of the warmest winters I've ever experienced...BUT I know the second I get the vette down off her jack stand OLd Man Winter will show up!!!!

Allthumbs,
Just curious where abouts are you located in N.E. Ohio.I'm in the Toledo area..
I've had my cars winterized for a month now.Engines fogged and spark plugs pulled w/ oil injected and gas stabilizer..

Jim

Jim !

I am in southern Summit County (Akron). This is the warmest and driest (non snowiest) winter so far that I can ever remember ! Even Eastlake should be getting snow this time of year.. along with the snowbelt around the lake. It just has not happened !

Wacky weather thus far.

Tom :w

We had about 4 inches in Eastlake in December but most of it went over us and hit Chardon in Geauga

We had about 4 inches in Eastlake in December but most of it went over us and hit Chardon in Geauga

Joe !

I think that is the only snow the area has seen so far ? I am 42 and I have never seen it this mild and dry for November.. December... and thus far January.. Perhaps that 10 to 20 inches of snowstorm will hit the area in April like it did in 1987 ?:D

:w Tom

Please don't say that....Im happy when mid March is here....your right i'm 49 and can't remember a winter like this one...we are moving into the Carolina's as soon as my wife graduates from nursing school. I have had it with snow....snow blowing....driving 25 miles each way in the snow....and just looking at it!!!

Joe,
Not to hijack but I thought you were selling the 73??
A late thanks for the pages out of the manual you sent....
Glad you guys are having a mild winter.....

Cee

Please don't say that....Im happy when mid March is here....your right i'm 49 and can't remember a winter like this one...we are moving into the Carolina's as soon as my wife graduates from nursing school. I have had it with snow....snow blowing....driving 25 miles each way in the snow....and just looking at it!!!

This winter so far reminds me of the Carolinas ! We need that snow, ice and howling winds here btw ! I remember when we used to switch the tires to the studded ones for the winter.. or atleast the "snow tires ".. man those days are long gone !.. and illegal of course on the former !:)

Tom

No sign of snow in Toronto. It's my first winter with a vette in a number of years. Drove it in Christmas Eve and on New Years day. It's supposed to be 52 degrees and sunny here tomorrow and 48 on Saturday.

My snowblower needs fuel stabilizer more than the vette.

Cee,

Going to keep her for a while longer. Took the wife to church in it X-mas Eve...my once a year journey to church. Your welcome for the pages and Im here if you need anything.

Joe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom