Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winter's....... This is the worst yet!

Don't Disengage That Traction Control

I don't care what the sign says. Somebody get me into a dry 70 degree garage - I mean right now!!
Remo:cool
Ice-Snow-01.jpg

Unfortunately winters can be tough on a Corvette when you live in the North. So why not do what I did.. Move from New York to Atlanta( or nearby). I plan to have a lot of fun with my Vettes this winter. C'mon down. We'll leave the light on for ya.

Ok, I'm ready. Can you help with a job?? :)

Had the Vette out a couple of days ago, clear but cold. Looked real nice
with those twin vapor trails, but had to take the insurance off today. Tomorrow will spend the day washing, waxing, wheels off & waxed, interior cleaned and conditioned. Then the real hard one, putting it up in the garage on wood, connecting the battery tender, and covering it. :cry

Now winter depression sets in! :ugh

Man, that's a lot of work!!! Did I mention I'm taking one of my Vettes to my marina this weekend? I heard the bass are bitin' real good(sorry to rub it in).

with those twin vapor trails, but had to take the insurance off today. Tomorrow will spend the day washing, waxing, wheels off & waxed, interior cleaned and conditioned. Then the real hard one, putting it up in the garage on wood, connecting the battery tender, and covering it. :cry

Man O Man! I'm lost for words. Is it spring yet??:cry :rotfl

If they didn't sand the roads last night i'll still get a few a few runs in. And as you know old dog if I get the urge and the car wines enough we could be in Orlando this weekend.

We have been VERY lucky so far here north of Boston but I know this is coming:
dw5.jpg

:w
Guy

Coming Soon

Captured - a scence from any town in the Northeast during the winter. I just can't wait.
78blizzard6.JPG

"Shocking" Depths

When I went to bed last night there was a mention of some snow - but this is ridiculous.

blizzard_1966b.jpg

Current conditions, in the mountains here:
snapshot5_full.jpg

Current conditions, in town:
7641785.jpg

:D

Man, that's a lot of work!!! Did I mention I'm taking one of my Vettes to my marina this weekend? I heard the bass are bitin' real good(sorry to rub it in).

Now you have gone and done it, my depression has deepened
and it isn't even December yet!! I may have to get into the chocolate
heavy before Christmas . ;shrug

Vet Boy, if you are going to respond to the Vets cries, better be pretty
soon or you will have to much shoveling to do to get her out. :)

Well the car has a TV so it watches Speed Channel and the weather channel.The latest ten day forecast is ok for I 95 to Florida.As my wife says as i'm throwing my bags in-going someplace?

My Corvette has been in the garage since Tuesday. :mad

A snowstorm blew in here Tuesday afternoon and dumped 8 inches overnight. Ordinarily, I'd be back driving the Vette by weeks end- snows don't last long around here. But when the storm blew itself out Wednesday afternoon, the temps plummeted. Overnight lows in negative numbers. Afternoon highs that don't reach 20 degrees farenheit. So... nothing is melting. The roads are all still ice encrusted, sand and gravel strewn sources of vexation. Trying to drive a Z06, with all that real wheel torque and no weight, fishtailing the back end (even in second gear) when you try to go from a dead stop, hearing every piece of gravel on the road rebound off the wheel wells, that feeling of helplessness as you approach an intersection/see the light turn red/step on the break/and still feel yourself gliding perilously close to stopping in the middle of the intersection, the mild sense of panic when the "active handling warming up" light keeps coming on and chiming at you... well, you get the idea. It's not fun.

Friday looked promising- it got up to almost 40 degrees. But the hope that this warming trend might make things palatable to drive by Sunday got dashed. Another snow storm blew in here yesterday, and blew out in a few hours, followed by yet another temperature plummet.

I appreciate having a comfortable winter driving vehicle for days like this, and I can take some comfort in the fact that my Z06 is all clean and shiny, sitting in a nice warm garage, unphased by this weather. But it's irritating having to wait for all this stuff to melt so I can get a chance to drive her again.

Remo, I'm borrowing some of your meds for now. :cry

-Patrick

Sad ,I put the car up for the next 120 days.But I bought Jan tickets for Florida and Feb tickets for the 500 .Now all thats left is March.

No School Today - Let's Go Cruising.

As soon as we get the Corvette dug out we're going to
put some good snow tires on it. Lucky for us, they're
having a sale.
skiers.jpg

I know i'm hoping the next owner has a tv so quicksilver can watch speed channel and the weather channel.The car also has a Scooby doo telephone.All this winter talk maybe we'll head south and do the sale thing in the spring.

I would be glad to adopt your C5 and keep her down here in Louisiana where she can run year round. You would be welcome to visit anytime. My C3 could use the company.

Andy

I would be glad to adopt your C5 and keep her down here in Louisiana where she can run year round. You would be welcome to visit anytime. My C3 could use the company.

Andy
People can say what they want but you southerners are just great people.I wished i'd a know just a little earlier.What a great offer and the car loves cagun gas.Thanks Andy your ok --Steve :naughty:

:confused I'm not dealing with winter very well this year because of having to but away my new toy's. Man, owned motorcycle's since I was 16, no problem winterizing them and putting them away until spring.The past few year's the wife and I have owned at least one car that never saw snow, winterized, no problem until spring. This year I have to put away not one but two beautiful vette's.Picked up my LT-4 in may from Stinger!! out of FLA and picked up a 99 coupe in oct out of VA. usually everything's buttoned up by nov 1st but I can't bring myself to call my ins. agent to take liability off. The past few day's here reality really set in seeing the car's with solid frost on them. The thing is once I park them they stay parked,I won't take them out even if you happen to catch a nice day,refuse to chance sand, salt or just plain winter slop being around the next corner. Move to a warmer climate? really not an option, to many tie's here. So anyway for a little while longer I guess I'll put up with warming up the car's longer( I also refuse to use a ice scraper on the windshield) I do have a two car garage for storage but not right now, motorcycle's, lawn tractor and other summer stuff take up the room So anyway's I need some advice on how to get through this"winter's around the corner"shock.:cry
Everything you said (plus a few more) are the reasons my wife and I moved to Myrtle Beach SC. I can golf year round and can drive the vette (when I get another one) year round as well. I love the northeast during certain periods, but I retired early and decided to make to move. My only problem is having enough patience to by the "right vette" for me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom