Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wiper Arm Removal?

Rcurry23

Corvette
1999 Torch Red Coupe
I bought a new cowl/air inlet screen and can't for the life of me get the wiper arms off. I pulled the caps, removed the nuts, and even went out and bought a gear puller. Ground the gear puller down so the legs would go under the arms, but still no luck.
Any tips or tricks, or tools?

I bought a new cowl/air inlet screen and can't for the life of me get the wiper arms off. I pulled the caps, removed the nuts, and even went out and bought a gear puller. Ground the gear puller down so the legs would go under the arms, but still no luck.
Any tips or tricks, or tools?

I just changed my blades out the other day. I think the ones that were on there were the originals form when the '01 came out of the factory with in Sept '00. Not that they were worn out since I do very limited rain driving but felt that the old blades were probably dry and ready to go. Anyway...took me awhile to get the old blades off since 9-years had them take a set. Now to take the arm off I would think it would take a rocking motion as you pull on the arms. Just think, they've been on there probably since the car left the factory.:upthumbs

On your '99 probably haven't been touched in 10+ years

Yeah, no rocking motion, and no puller from the auto parts store is working. I must be doing something wrong. I have never had this kind of problem removing a wiper arm!!

Just had mine off and they were stubborn like yours. I had to spray some penetrating lube, let it sit for an hour. Then I put on a gear puller and applied little pressure. With pressure on the arm and shaft I gently taped the puller an the torsion screw with a small hammer. One or two small taps should be enough to have the arm pop off.

Well, I let it soak overnight and tried the puller again when I got home, still no luck, even after applying pressure and tapping it. So I just decided to jiggle, wiggle and pull the crap out of it. And bam they FINALLY came off!! Got the new cowl on, painted the wiper arm back to black rather than the dull grey/black color, and everything looks GREAT!!! Thanks alot for the help.

Well, I let it soak overnight and tried the puller again when I got home, still no luck, even after applying pressure and tapping it. So I just decided to jiggle, wiggle and pull the crap out of it. And bam they FINALLY came off!! Got the new cowl on, painted the wiper arm back to black rather than the dull grey/black color, and everything looks GREAT!!! Thanks alot for the help.

I guess I should have said jiggle, wiggle and pull instead of "rocking motion" ;LOL

I guess I should have said jiggle, wiggle and pull instead of "rocking motion" ;LOL

Yep! Just wiggling it did nothing, but when I jiggled it, thats what did it!! Thanks for the help! I haven't ever had that hard of a time with wiper arms. But oh well, it looks 10 times better now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom