Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! wiper motor

starwood

Corvette
1999 light pewter
Hey guys I was just telling someone about the C5 wiper motor getting trap under water because of the drain tubes under the motor getting clogged and that I just had to order a motor for myself, but I'm a little worried about getting the wiper linkage off. Has anyone out there put a wiper motor on the C5?

starwood.. Have you installed your wiper motor yet? I did mine about about two months ago. Let me know if you havent installed it yet.Its not that hard to do its just a little time consuming. PM me with any questions you have.

starwood.. Have you installed your wiper motor yet? I did mine about about two months ago. Let me know if you havent installed it yet.Its not that hard to do its just a little time consuming. PM me with any questions you have.

Bones... I just got the motor back yesterday, I'm just a little worried about getting the wiper linkage off, I don't have that special tool. Did you have any problems with yours? Thanks for any info that you have.

I didnt have the special tool either. I sprayed WD-40 on mine and let it set for a about 5 minutes and use a hammer a lightly tapped on the shaft of the motor and pull up on the linkage.

Thanks Bud, I just got done putting on a emergency brake lever today so I'll work on the wiper motor tomorrow.

I have some free time tomorrow so I think I'm going to get it done then, I would love to see some of the pics you have of yours. If you going to be in town this weekend give me a call if you get a chance,maybe we can hook up for a quick minute.

curt(770-356-4222)

I'll be in town on the 22nd dont know if you want to wait that long. PM me your email address and I'll try to send you some pics and talk you through it.

My email is (curtis.starling@yahoo.com)... I'm sure I can get it done, I was just worried about getting that linkage off, now that I know how you did yours I feel good about it.

Thanks

What type of problem are you having with the motor? Mine just started acting up over the weekend and will not go to the home position - just keeps running without even turning it on. If you still have the info on a swap out, I sure could use a copy for this weekend. Thanks!

What type of problem are you having with the motor? Mine just started acting up over the weekend and will not go to the home position - just keeps running without even turning it on. If you still have the info on a swap out, I sure could use a copy for this weekend. Thanks!

Sounds like you might have a bad switch in your steering column. Try unpluging it and see if your wipers go to the home position. Let us know how that works out and if we can help.
Good Luck :w

Do I have to take the wheel off? disassemble the column? or is it and easily accessible connector that I am looking for?

You do not have to take the wheel off but do have to take the bottom dash piece and the steering wheel column covers. When you take all of that off then you can follow the wries from the wiper activation arm. I had to do the same thing with mine but mine was the motor it just a process of elimination. Good luck and go slow.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom