Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wipes for removing Bird droppings????

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
I always use Meguiar's products. All kinds of stuff, like those Meguiar's wipes, are appearing everywhere these days. I've used different items, like the waterless hand cleaners, and I used 'em once for the Rain-X product, but those proved prohibitively expensive. I'd use Meguiar's wipes if they proved more cost-effective than their Quick Detaler. :upthumbs

Ken said:
I always use Meguiar's products. All kinds of stuff, like those Meguiar's wipes, are appearing everywhere these days. I've used different items, like the waterless hand cleaners, and I used 'em once for the Rain-X product, but those proved prohibitively expensive. I'd use Meguiar's wipes if they proved more cost-effective than their Quick Detaler. :upthumbs
Ken, are you saying the wipes for bird droppings are just soaked in the "Quick Detailer" spray (or something similar)? Like I said, I haven't been able to find the product around here.

Thanks,
Dennis

That's my guess, unless they specify a special cleaner in the listing of contents.

_ken

I've seen bird crap go through well-waxed paint quickly and some have not been very quick at all. There are a few key factors:

• The Birds Diet
  • The Surface Protecion

I don't know what sort of products your detailer used or what type of food the bird had been eating but worst case scenerio....... ineffective protection and lethal dung and yeah, you could be in for a round of wet sanding........ and I've seen worse where it needed a repaint.

There's no standard for how long the feces can sit on paint car and not have damage happen.

A good thing to carry in your trunk is a bottle of carbonated mineral water. What you can do, if you get bombed, is:
  1. Pour a bit onto the paint and let the bubbles and water work to soften it
  2. Let sit for until it looks like it's softened
  3. Shake the bottle and "Pressure Wash" the remaining excrement
  4. Wipe down..... BUT........Be quite careful when wiping down that you're not pressing hard
  5. Wash your car immediatly when you get home to clean up the mess
You want to be quite careful with the wiping away the defecation as many species of birds assist digestion by eating tiny pebbles.....which you don't want to grind into the surface.

Thanks for your imput

Good to see you back again Detailing Dude. I guess I forgot about this thread so I haven't checked it for responses in a while.

I was leary of trying this product anyway. I think I'll take your advice using the carbonated mineral water. My bright red Vette seems to be a target for birds so I'm sure I'll get to try your idea before long.

Dennis

Thanks for the suggestion - I've already put a bottle of water in the back for emergencies like this.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom