Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wiring to Starter

H

hdjpcp

Greetings,
Would someone please tell me what wires should be connected to the starter/solenoid and at which posts on my 72 with 350/TH-400?
I have the positive cable from the battery to the center solenoid post along with a red wire, presumably ignition. I have a purple wire that comes to the left terminal of the solenoid (as you face the installed starter from the front of the car). A yellow wire with black markings comes off the right side of the solenoid. I have no ground from starter to ground.
The starter doesn't engage. I suspect something is missing, either a ground or something isn't connected where it should be. Lacking a wiring diagram, I'm hoping someone here can help.
Thanks.

any chevy Ive seen has the purple wire going to the terminal thats closest to the block, I think there is a S by this terminal I'm not sure about your other wire though

purple to S,yellow to R,red and bat to B,try holding the key in the start pos. while moving the shifter through thr gears or try jumping the S and B terms.to see if starter will engage,you may have a bad switch,either park/neutral or the ign. switch at the bottom of the col.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom