Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

worst mod ever ?

VETTEX2

Corvette
86 & 99 Z51's
click for a bigger pic and a laugh.
post up the worst mods you've seen !

Attachments

• 100_4557.jpg
    100_4557.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 414
  • stuoid.jpg
    stuoid.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 255
Said it once, and I'll say it again: that caliper cover is just wrong... Especially with "Millennium Yellow" paint...

In a somewhat related general statement, I'll go on the record with the following opinion: "pimping out" a Corvette is like putting too much make-up on a pretty girl; she just doesn't need it...

PT Barnum is credited with saying it best ......:rotfl

You know, although it's not for me, everyone has their own taste. Each person has an opinion and will describe what they think is the worst mod ever.....what happens when someone says they think that adding a supercharger, or a turbo, how about headers or some other power adder, are you going to jump down their throat because it doesn't quite go with your line of thinking?

I'm inclined to think that these types of threads are put up to bash someone's taste in vehicle modifications and to make someone feel like a big shot or that they are better than someone else. Sorry, I don't agree with that line of thinking. I think that if it is their own vehicle, they can do what they please, or has that changed and mods have to be approved by committee? So what if you don't like it, it's not up to you to be the judge. Obviously, enough people want them to warrant someone producing and selling them.

I tend to think with timfitz63, I think that Corvettes are great just as they left the factory, but that hasn't stopped me from changing out the exhaust or the CAI, or changing the seats covers....maybe someone here doesn't like that I did that, does that make my mod the worst ever? I like them, but someone else may not and by posting pictures and saying how bad it is, is nothing more than trying to be the big dog on the hill. I noticed in another thread you said that "I passed on all that crap"...referring to mufflers, X-pipes and such.

If your intent is to be putting down others and their choices, take your posts elsewhere, we don't need it here.

My new seats, how many think this is the worst mod ever? Frankly, I could care less what you think....it's my car and I like them.

Cruisefest2010106.jpg

:w Tom,

I've been around this hobby 30+ years. I remember the CanAm and other phase's folks went through to "Perosnalize" their ride, and I've ALWAYS said
"I've never net a Corvette I didn't like" ;)

Bud
:w

Sorry folks, It's just that everyone has a different idea what is tasteful and what is not. And I don't want this to end up a bashing contest.

Sorry folks, It's just that everyone has a different idea what is tasteful and what is not. And I don't want this to end up a bashing contest.
:thumbNo Problem Tom!!
I'm more of a, If it was good enough for the "General",It's good enough for the girls I'll haul in it kinda guy!! :D

:w Tom,

I've been around this hobby 30+ years. I remember the CanAm and other phase's folks went through to "Perosnalize" their ride, and I've ALWAYS said

Bud
:w

You know Bud, I've had people criticize pictures of my 64 (circa 1974), because it had fender flairs..."Oh my God, how could you do that to a classic?" and other similar quotes. But at the time it was not a classic, and we did things to personalize our cars. Many people would probably think that was the "worst mod ever".

Here you go...bash away!

1964Corvette5.jpg

Agreed. You make a good point, Tom, so no need to apologize.

Personally, I'm not trying to "bash" anyone else's tastes or opinions either. I just stated my opinion, and that was all it was meant to be. I didn't like that particular mod, and no one is likely to ever see it (or any other) on mine. I'm just a purist at heart, and like my cars to be "bone stock."

But the flip-side (like you and others have said) is also true: if someone wants whatever aftermarket mod on his Corvette, it's his car and his money... So, whatever revs your engine...

And I'll even admit that some mods look good (like your fender flares). But not that caliper cover... ;)

I sure wish that I had that 64 right now! I had a 64 Vert in the early 70's that I wish I still had.

Yea, big fender flairs and all! If I had it today, I would probably have to change them back to original style. :D

Which I guess is the next point....No mod however tasteless (in ones opinion) can always be changed back.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom