Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Would You Buy One?

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
If all the rumors are in fact true about a limited edition, 2008 Super-Vette with 650 hp and a proposed price tag of $100,000, would you buy one?

Do you think the horsepower and assumed performance will justify the price, or do you think it's overkill?

A little too rich for my blood, I'm afraid!

Elaine

Yeah, I'd buy a used one in about 20 years "if" I can afford it, and "if" I'm still kickin'.

If I could even remotely afford it- and I mean REMOTELY - then YES.

Cars in the 600+ hp arena are few and far between- and almost universally significantly pricier than 100k.

That amount of HP for that price is still a tremendous bargain- and IF the car could effectively put that kind of power to the wheels ...and road .... the price would be more than justified. Name me a single production car that gets over 600 HP (or 550 even) for anywhere close to 100-120K.

Limited quantities would make having one even sweeter.

Tammy

Not me. Mrs. Heaven wouldn't allow two $100,000+ Corvettes in the garage, and I'm sure not selling this one.............

• Admin
Can I get a 'ell yes? If I could afford one, I know I would get one. However, the next Vette I get will be a little older, not because they are typically cheaper, but because I love the styling.

Hey - easy now, old is good! Look @ the previous post, both the car & owner are OLD. :D

Shame on you. Bob is not old. He's......well fermented.

:rotfl

If I've done the math correctly it's over $240.00 / horsepower over the purchase price of my 04 Z06....:ugh :crazy :W :(

If GM is trying to gain market share by entering the $100,000 arena then they'll be putting a new Corvette out of financial reach of most current buyers.

My 04 is just fine......:upthumbs

Not me, not even if I had the money. I'd get myself a C6 Z06 and supercharge that 427 instead of a smaller motor. :D

I bought my '03 Z06 when it was a year old. (Previous owner traded it for a Ford F-250 Supercab Deisel. Go figure.) Part of the reason I pulled the trigger on that deal was that in that first year, it had depreciated enough for me to be able to swing it, financially. It was several thousand dollars cheaper than a 2004 Z06, and yet had only 12,000 miles on it.

So I guess, unless something in my income situation changes drastically between now and when this beast gets released, I'd be interested to see what sort of depreciation it experiences in it's first year or two.

But would I want to buy one? Yes, most definately. The flesh is willing, but the funding is weak.

-Patrick

If I could come up with the money I'd buy one in a heartbeat. It'll be well worth it.

My personal opinion this corvette isnt priced for your typical corvette buyer this car is priced for the elite few that have the money thats wants to spend it on material things with an extreme limited production this car isnt marketed for the Corvette customer its more marketed for the customers that also have a Mercedes Slr in their garage that MSRP FOR 2006 WAS OVER $450,000

for us normal people they have a very nice selection i've had the few radicals that want to buy the SS stingray or whatever they end up calling it offer me over $50,000 over Msrp

It'll be interestign to see how the car sells If i had the money I would consider it but I'm too tight to even spend the money for the current z06 which i feel is a great car and still priced reasonable

Just my two cents worth

well I would do it. I'm saving my pennies as of right now. I don't know if I'll have enough by then. That's only 10 million penies.

If I had the cash, I wouldn't hesitate. Unfortunately, an honest cop's salary doesn't allow such extravagance. That being said, I'm somewhat doubtful whether a Corvette, even a limited edition one, would be successful.

Many of the folks who are buying cars in the $100K range are looking to be members of an exclusive club, so to speak. My neighbours bought an Aston-Martin DB9 last year because they wanted something different, something exclusive, something unique and cost wasn't a huge factor for them. They were considering a Porsche 911 turbo or a Maserati Coupe GT. I suggested the Aston-Martin and, after a bit of research, they bought one... and a handsome beastie it is!!

If there was a Corvette in the same range, it would have to be completely different from the standard Corvette models... enough so that it would need a different name. As much as the Corvette name sells cars in the current price range, it would take away exclusivity from an upper-end model.

-Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom