Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Would You Buy One?

Not me

Reason 1. I already have an '02 Z. Even though it only has 405 ponies, I still have a hard time finding a decent road to open her up on and let'er stretch her legs. Even then I know that if "Smokey" was to suddenly appear my goose would be cooked. I do find that if these cars are not put on cruse control they are hard to keep at the speed limit. On a 55 MPH highway it is insane trying to keep the beast at bay. I don't know about anyone else, but mine tends to creep-up to speeds well over the legal limit. Next thing you know you are doing about 75 MPH in a 55. It's like riding a race horse that keeps pulling at the bit wanting to be turned loss:D.

Reason 2. I'm with Edmond on this one. As much as I'd like to own one, the sane person in me tells me that for $15,000 bucks I could get some serious ponies out of the current engine. Safely.

Reason 3. I'm running out of room in the garage. I would have to evict one of the other vetts. I don't think that would go over too well with the other three. Besides, there could be fights every night over bragging rights among the 3:L.

I'm sure that if GM limits the production of these cars to say 2 to 3 thousand, they will be worth 3-4 times that in 20 - 30 years. But with the large amount of $$$ spent on R&D developing this car and the current situation with GM, my bet is that they will produce a large number of them if they sell as well as the current Z. It will be interesting to see how all of this pans out.

My .02:)

:w
H.D.

Yes, I will buy one, If GM or one of it dealers will sell me one. There are a lot of collectors out there and there are a lot of people with 100,000. Put it in perspective, a ZR-1 sold for 60,000 or so in 90 fully loaded and, if I recall 4000 were sold. Well, this will be 20 years later, and the economy is not in the toilet. This should be no problem for GM.

For me, anyone know how to get on the A list?

George

If all the rumors are in fact true about a limited edition, 2008 Super-Vette with 650 hp and a proposed price tag of $100,000, would you buy one?

Do you think the horsepower and assumed performance will justify the price, or do you think it's overkill?

Nope. I would buy something more exclusive than a Vette for $100k. I'm sure it would be an amazing car. I can't justify spending that kind of change for a Chevy. I"m not sure I'd like to spend that kind of scratch on any car- ANYBODY SAY LOTTERY TIME.

Yes I will buy one. I am presently on a waiting list for this car. If anyone knows any way to move up in this process, please let me know. When I get the new one ordered, I will be parting with my loaded 2007 Blue Z06 if someone wants an early lead on a fantastic car.

As always the general will have a waiting list of affluent customers.
I would buy the car as excitedly as I bought the 54-235 & 67-427.
If my Income had kept up with the Corvette pricing, but sadly? the General outpriced my income with the C6, Guess I am stuck ? with a c1-c2-c3-c4-c5
and a garage to keep them in as they accumulate miles.
By the way all of them together cost less than the $100k SuperVette.

Would I buy one?

If the performance characteristics and all the rumors are 90% correct, I suspect that I'd buy one. (Albeit with a few thousand miles on it from the first owner)

With Porsche charging 100 big ones for some of their vehicles that have substantially less oomph under the hood, I can see a good number of people also considering buying one.

How many buyers will the market (in the speculated price range of $100,000) bare is another story. After all, even though at that price one has to wonder what number will sell at list or above. Surely, Chevy's experience with the present Z06 sales will attest to how much demand is really out there.

Yes, I would buy one, and on a dealer list to order it.

Zippy :) :)

If all the rumors are in fact true about a limited edition, 2008 Super-Vette with 650 hp and a proposed price tag of $100,000, would you buy one?

Do you think the horsepower and assumed performance will justify the price, or do you think it's overkill?

For that kind of money, I would order a regular Corvette Convertible at invoice and send it to Old Lyme, CT to Callaway for whatever they are currently offering - with more power, greater exclusivity, and when the AeroBody comes - style :cool

Hmmm...Lambo...Ferrari...100K...the Vette would still be a good deal.

Actually, no. Here in NJ, that would be a total waste of money. I can't even drive the dead stock C5 as God intended.

Traffic. :eyerole

Deer. :r

My ol' ex rally and flying buddy make it a point to get out once a month for burgers and a brew (designated driver of course). Our last two "cruises" ..

I live in an area that is marginally rural; farms and condos with lots of nice back roads. My old rally buddy and I took the Vette on a late evening cruise last week. We couldn't go more that an eighth of a mile without one of us calling .... "deer right" .... "deer left" .... toatal pain in the adz! And it's that was all year, not just during "the rut".

Last month, after the usual back road deer dodging ... I'm headed back home alone and I have the Beach Boys "Shut Down" CD going. I hit the 4 lane and there ain't a soul in sight. The single traffic light goes red :)) ). Why not? Clear road ..... late ... and the road is wide and straight .... As the hammer goes down and I make that shift to second .... dead deer sprawled across the lanes.

If they let me mount "Twin .50's" on the front ... ;)

I just couldn't waste the money .... better spent moving not to mention the waste of having that kind of car treated that way ....

You folks are so fortunate! A new Corvette costs around US$150K where I live (Turkey). For $100K the 2008 Vette would sell like peanuts here...

Cheers,

Selim

Well it took me 14 years to own a vette I dreamed about after I saw it in the showroom, so maybe I might pick one up around 2022. ;)

For me, somwewhat like *89x2*, it would come down to what could Callaway/Lingenfelter/etc do for the cost of a current Z06 + the change left over? Could they produce a better car?

Ditto

You folks are so fortunate! A new Corvette costs around US$150K where I live (Turkey). For $100K the 2008 Vette would sell like peanuts here...

Cheers,

Selim

Were in the same boat, if they have to be converted to RHD, they end up in the 180k range, thats a lot of spondoolies.
Even those other brand 05 horse things are 100k.

:beer Grant

Last summer there were people here willing to pay US$35K to my 95 Vette... It would probably sell for 12K at most in USA...

Cheers,

Selim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom