Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

For Sale WTB: 1963 Split Window Coupe

Use this thread prefix to post for sale items.

timfitz63

Corvette
'98 Aztec Gold Coupe; '04 Millennium Yellow 'Vert'
Well, I think I'm finally going to get serious about this. I've been wanting one of these since I was old enough to say "Corvette," and it seems to me that a 50-year-old Corvette it would make a good 50th birthday present from me to me... :D

I have some time before that milestone event, however, so I'm going to leisurely keep a wary eye open for a suitable example that isn't going to break my bank account. I'd appreciate it if my fellow forum members could point me toward potential candidates throughout the country as well.

My 'must haves:'

• First and foremost, I'm looking for a SWC; not interested in a '63 convertible.
  • I'm looking for something in excellent driver condition -- not a museum-quality show-piece. Just a good, clean, well-kept, mechanically-solid, car that I can drive as I desire. A super-clean 'survivor' would also interest me.
  • Numbers-matching. Originality is my thing. I want a car that is essentially like it was built in 1963. It doesn't have to be NRCS concourse originality -- just kept as original as possible for a car built ~50 years ago.
  • While I wouldn't mind having a 'fuelie,' I'm realistically thinking those are out of my price range. Ideally, then, my preference would be for a car equipped with the 340-Hp carbureted L76 engine; I might consider the 300-Hp carbureted L75, but really would rather have the L76 motor. I would not consider the base 250-Hp 327.
  • Four-speed manual. It's a sports car. 'Nuff said...
  • Not hung up on any particular exterior color for the SWC. I lean more strongly toward Silver Blue, Saddle Tan (which I think would make it an excellent counterpart to Aztec Gold C5 #15 :D), or Sebring Silver; I find Tuxedo Black and Ermine White the least appealing (but would not reject a particularly good car for those reasons); Daytona Blue and Riverside Red are fine in my eyes. Again, looking for originality; if it's the color the car left the factory with, I'm probably happy with it. Interior colors should coordinate well with the exterior color; and again, be original.
  • I've always liked the real knock-off wheels better than the standard wheel covers.
Well, that's about all I can think of at the moment. Thanks in advance for any leads!

T - I'll be adding sales info till you purchase one

15zl65x.gif

'63 Vette's forsale - Hemmings Motor News

:lou

Last edited:
I had a white SWC, red interior, 4 speed, 300 HP engine, positraction, with standard wheel covers, wonder bar radio, and that was about it. Of all the Corvettes I owned, it is second only to my 1966 426 roadster for a "wish I still had it vehicle". I owned the SWC while stationed in Alaska and it performed great, even at 50 degrees below zero in Fairbanks. Almost traded it for a 4 wheel drive bronco II while in Fairbanks, but fortunately I saw a racing movie at the base and knew I could not get rid of it. Did trade it for the 427 roadster when I was transferred from Alaska to Washington DC. While in college in St. Louis, I rented a garage for my 56 Corvette. There were three other garages, two of which were rented to Corvette owners. My roommate had a 62 red Corvette, and the other garage held a Sebring Silver SWC. The Sebring Silver was an extra cost option. Beautiful car and I really wanted one. When I graduated from graduate school, I purchased the SWC used, and drove to Seattle where it was shipped to Alaska for me.

Don't blame you for wanting the SWC; it was a terrific car and I enjoyed it very much.
Barrett

i ran across this one in the KC area. Looks stock on the outside but has some "upgrades".....probably not what you are looking for.

63 split window vette

Thanks guys, I appreciate the tips!

i ran across this one in the KC area. Looks stock on the outside but has some "upgrades".....probably not what you are looking for.

63 split window vette

Beautiful car, but you're correct: too many 'mods' for my tastes.

Not sure about your price range, but this one is Omaha.

63 Chevrolet Corvette Look

Yeah, a bit on the high side for me... Actually, quite a bit on the high side... I see the "Fuel Injection" badge on the side, but they don't really elaborate on what the engine is. And for almost $100k, it'd have to be a numbers-matching 'fuelie' before I'd even start to consider it...

But keep 'em comin'!

Well, I'm trying to keep this around the $50k mark (seems like 50 is the theme here, huh? :D), give or take. That's mainly what's putting the 'fuelies' out of reach...

63 Sadle Tan

Thanks guys, I appreciate the tips!

Beautiful car, but you're correct: too many 'mods' for my tastes.

Yeah, a bit on the high side for me... Actually, quite a bit on the high side... I see the "Fuel Injection" badge on the side, but they don't really elaborate on what the engine is. And for almost $100k, it'd have to be a numbers-matching 'fuelie' before I'd even start to consider it...

But keep 'em comin'!

Well, I'm trying to keep this around the $50k mark (seems like 50 is the theme here, huh? :D), give or take. That's mainly what's putting the 'fuelies' out of reach...

This is Bob W .Just wanted to give you a heads up that i sent an e mail to you regarding a Sadle Tan i have for sale

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom