Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Xenon headlight conversion

eoseitz

Corvette
1974 Stingray L82
I was wondering if anyone has did a headlight conversion from the stock 5 3/4 sealed bulbs to a newer xenon setup. I purchased a kit off ebay
5001 EURO XENON HEADLIGHT CONVERSION KIT 5 3/4" | eBay
but it appears they are about 2 inches too deep. Does anybody have any suggestions. I don't really want to cut out my headlight assembly to make them fit. I'm also afraid they may hit when they go up and down if I do and then my stock lights wont fit in again. Buying a new headlight assembly doesn't sound fun or economic right now.:L

light.jpg

Go HID instead!

Get the H4 headlights kits from JCWhitney. Then buy your choice of HID on Ebay.

I use 55W 6000k BiXenon Hi/Lo Beam for outboard lights and 35W 3000K BiXenon Hi/Lo Beam for the inboard lights to use during bad weather.

Total cost is about $200.

C01c.jpgC01b.jpg

My opinion isn't that optimistic.
I have the same 5 3/4 headlights, just crap! Light goes everywhere except in a beam in the direction you want it to go. The bulbs will give you better reflection on road signs but overall light is not better (compared to normal H4 bulbs, not the sealed beams.
In my opinion if you want to go to HID use the projectors to so the light is focust to the piont you want. I'm still bussy (well bussy.... :eyerole) altering cutting and trying to fit BMW projects inside the C3 headlights.

If you do want to put in the headlights you need to cut the rear or else the lights will not fit. To me it isn't worth it!

Greetings Peter

Don't use the diamond cut ones--they don't fit. Use these instead: In Pro Car Wear H4 Headlight Conversion - JCWhitney

They fit perfect--with no mods--and give a nice sharp beam, horizontally cut off.

Then add an H4 HID conversion kit of your choice. Simple.

My lights are so bright that I was terrified to start driving with them on--thinking I would blind everybody. But the sealed beam conversions shape the beam perfectly to avoid that--nobody flashes their lights at me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom