Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Your Dream Garage

What would you have in Your Dream Garage

• State of the art flooring

Votes: 129 60.6%
  • State of the art cabinets

Votes: 101 47.4%
  • Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment System

Votes: 19 8.9%
  • Air Control (heating/cooling/filtration)

Votes: 155 72.8%
  • Lift

Votes: 185 86.9%
  • Air Compressor

Votes: 157 73.7%
  • State of the art lighting system

Votes: 125 58.7%
  • Indoor Pressure Washing Enclosure

Votes: 53 24.9%
  • Complete Set of Tools w/Tool Box

Votes: 151 70.9%
  • Corvette Memoribilia

Votes: 122 57.3%

• Total voters
D

DetailingDude

Ok, let's say you were going to build your dream garage, what, of the following, would you have.........
I set up this poll for multiple picks so pick all those you consider to be important to you and then, if you want to, tell us what else you'd have in your dream garage at your house.

I didn't vote for complete tools and toolbox as I wouldn't know what to do with that stuff!:D :D

Elaine

Garage

Well a good radio playin "Oldies" then good heat or a/c. Air to make work easier and most important being left alone by the old lady.

I've pretty much already got mine. Here it is.
You can't have too many tools.
Got the lift, ac and heat, tools, compressor, vette. Next step, Floor.
attachment.php

www.ucoatit.com

threestar----NICE garage.

I like the way you maximized that floor space with the lift.

I made a quick edit on that image and changed the size to 500x375 and bounced it off another section of the forum so it would set up and load faster.....I hope you don't mind.

Those of you here that have been to my house obviously have seen my set up. It is kind of hard to describe. I recently found a stack of 35mm photos I need to scan and upload that show the construction of our workshop.

We decided it had to have several features.

1. at least two car capacity
2. insulated
3. a/c -- we use a "space" type heater to warm it up
4. full plumbing / toilet, sink - no shower
5. phone
6. cable television
7. 110 and 220 outlets
8. ceiling lift
9. attic storage
10. just enough glass for a fair amount of natural light
11. attached parking pad to roll things in and out.
12. It all had to fit in my back yard behind my privacy gate out of the eyes of would be sticky fingered kids........

We pretty much hit the mark after busting our knuckles for about 7 months.

The coolest thing is having the extra garage allows my house garage to stay neat, clean, and only basically have two cars and some very basic items in there (car wash stuff, a broom, and some folding chairs, etc).

My neighbors all have packed their house garages so full of boxes and junk they can't even park in them. Some don't realize I have the workshop out back. They freak out when they come over and the house garage door is up....and there is really nothing in there. They are always asking how in the heck do I store, tinker with, etc. all these project cars in that garage.

I only wish I had done like threestar and found a way to put a higher ceiling in so that a lift would be a practical additional choice.

All the above

You left some pretty vital stuff out though, at least for my dream garage setup:

General shop achinery:
Tig and Mig welders
Plasma cutter
20 ton press
Bridgeport mill
lathe
Large sand blasting cabinets
Powder painting room w/big oven
Main paint booth w/heat lamps and controls

Auto specific machines:
Tire mounting and balancing machine
Two lifts: one 4 poster/ alignment rack and one two poster, allowing the suspension to drop.
Add a pit in the 3rd bay w/lube setup.

Dreaming Reeeally big now:
Serdi CNC head shop
Serdi CNC block shop
VArious other boring, broaching and surfacing machines, Serdi all the way baby :)
Rod station (heater etc.)
Balancing machine for rotating assemblies
Superflow flowbench
Engine dyno, cell either Superflow or maybe LandSea
Mustang or Dynojet in ground dyno in bay #4, the De-lux version of course

Engine assembly room, gotta have one of those too.

All the various tooling and specialty tools necessary to care and feed for all the above of course.

Lot's and lot's of shelving and work benches, all with AC and air. Tons of good lighting.

A lunch area, an office and a full bathroom w/a shower. Shop washer and dryer too.

And most importantly the money to pay for it all :)

CYa!
Mako
Dreaming LARGE in Vegas

Thanks for resizing the pic, I wish I could do it right. :(

I definitely need a sink and fridge but I do have a MIG setup.

Rick =)

Ultgar

Double wow!!:beer :beer

BUT, does the pond have any bass in it??

Randy:L

ah, big deal. I have a better one than that.

I'll pull out my MatchBox garage and show you.. hehehe

;LOL

Okay, when I win Lotto I'm getting me one of those.:gap

Ultgar - simply fantastic!

Mine has everything in the poll list except the R-O water system and the wash enclosure (local codes prohibit floor drains in garages, or I'd have the wash area), but you forgot an office! Gotta have a place to relax and be organized (fridge, sink, cabinets, phone, cable, TV/VCR, computer, files, tech library, display your models, etc.):

pubimage.asp

:beer

UltGar..... Please check your private messages.

ultgar said:
John.....I see the Ferrari logo's in your garage. Here's an interesting collection.

Is that Peter's collection in Switzerland? I've seen that Lancia Stratos before. I've had seven Ferraris since 1972, but not all at once - that's an awe-inspiring sight :Steer

P.S. - I couldn't find the private message thing either when I first joined the forum - just click on "User CP" at the far right end of the light blue toolbar across the top of the page.

For info on garage cabinets, storage systems, etc check out Gladiator Garage. I've seen their display at the NCM, and it is awesome! They feature diamond plate face on their cabinets and boxes!

www.gladiatorgarageworks.com

Zippy :v :v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom