Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

You're Never Too Old to Own and Enjoy a Corvette!

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
irene-martindell-c4-corvette-2.jpg

High door sills be damned - a 100-Year old woman proves that you're never too old to own and enjoy a Corvette​

Even though the C7 and C8 Corvettes have gradually been attracting a younger generation, the Corvette has always had that stigma of being a gold-chain-wearing fat old man's car. Thanks to Irene Martindell of Hutchinson, Kansas, that stigma just isn't true anymore.

Irene has been volunteering for various hospitals in Hutchinson for over 50 years and today, she's celebrating her 100th birthday. In her spare time, she enjoys cruising around in her white C4 Corvette.

What really makes this woman remarkable is that she's 100 years old and she drives a C4 Corvette!

If you've ever driven a C4, you know that those high door sills can be a royal pain in the butt making entry and exit a true feat of acrobatics.

Full Story:​

We Kansans are tough ole birds!

KEWL !!! & It matches her hair.

View attachment 42403

High door sills be damned - a 100-Year old woman proves that you're never too old to own and enjoy a Corvette​

Even though the C7 and C8 Corvettes have gradually been attracting a younger generation, the Corvette has always had that stigma of being a gold-chain-wearing fat old man's car. Thanks to Irene Martindell of Hutchinson, Kansas, that stigma just isn't true anymore.

Irene has been volunteering for various hospitals in Hutchinson for over 50 years and today, she's celebrating her 100th birthday. In her spare time, she enjoys cruising around in her white C4 Corvette.

What really makes this woman remarkable is that she's 100 years old and she drives a C4 Corvette!

If you've ever driven a C4, you know that those high door sills can be a royal pain in the butt making entry and exit a true feat of acrobatics.

Full Story:​

I love hearing and reading stories about old people driving and enjoying Corvettes or other sports cars, or cars in general, for that matter.

Maybe because I'm one of the old people

I use that high door sill as an advantage. I sit on that first before I get out of the car, no problem. That car made me exercise regularly. I always had it in my mind you had to be fit to drive a vette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom