Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 Dreaming

Hi DRTH and BV

I know Z06's are 6-spds. My wife just has no desire to drive it (she will with time). Now you know why I really didn't argue her position of either the '84 or the '04. Life's true compromises. We should all be so fortunate, right?

And to BV's point about buying 2, buying 1 is already becoming this long, drawn out process for me; buying a second will take me forever and a day to decide (i.e., I am a cheap bastard who is tired of working with idiots and wants to shorten the time I need to do this by as much as possible).

All the best,

1 :w

Get the Z06 ..the deals are amazing..

Like 10 grand off sticker easy.

Supporting vendors here can make this an easy transition for you.

Also if you can..get the GM card..then ask for no fee transfer checks..that also give the 5% bonus dollars..

Draw up a check for 10 grand..deposit it into your checking account.. wait a few days and mail in a check for 10,020 dollars..

Do that with two 10 grand checks and you can easily take off another grand that the dealers have no problem with whatsoever..

Now to the Z06..

As an owner of one for quite some time..I can say without a shadow of a doubt that there is not a day goes by that I get in and drive this car..that I have this sh!teating grin on this 45 year old face..

Get the car..

Its simply the total package and for 42-43 grand ..........its a steal!

If you are a cheap bastard,

then you will want to take advantage of the deals offered on '04 Z06's.

What color would you like?

1stiff84 said:
I know Z06's are 6-spds. My wife just has no desire to drive it (she will with time). Now you know why I really didn't argue her position of either the '84 or the '04. Life's true compromises. We should all be so fortunate, right?

And to BV's point about buying 2, buying 1 is already becoming this long, drawn out process for me; buying a second will take me forever and a day to decide (i.e., I am a cheap bastard who is tired of working with idiots and wants to shorten the time I need to do this by as much as possible).

All the best,

Getting nasty in here...LOL

WoW get down with the reviews:D

Hey BV how's that finger? hope your alright sir?

take care.. T.

Doing ok! Thanks.....

Tonys Torch said:
WoW get down with the reviews:D

Hey BV how's that finger? hope your alright sir?

take care.. T.

Has 1stiff84 taken a test drive in the Z06?

Great

You know i haven't seen anyone say poke a small hole to let the blood out and relieve the pressure but you might ask your Doc.

glad your okay.. Where's the new pics????

Thanks, JBsC5 and BV

Your reply was great, JBsC5; thank you.

I am contemplating a silver Z. I am the cheapest bastard you will ever encounter, to the point where I'm stupid enough to pass on a deal like the ones you have mentioned. Cheap and stupid are a dangerous combination indeed!

Seriously though, cash and no car payments are a real joy to me. I am by no means wealthy, and all of us know work sucks. But, I am wondering if a Z will be a bigger joy to me. From your replies, it is clear that all of you are happy with your decisions.

You guys are great. Thanks again.

All the best,

When you get a chance take a look at BlackZ28Turbo's new website about his Z06. He has videos and pictures! Excellent site:

http://www.thez06.com/

1stiff84 said:
Your reply was great, JBsC5; thank you.

I am contemplating a silver Z. I am the cheapest bastard you will ever encounter, to the point where I'm stupid enough to pass on a deal like the ones you have mentioned. Cheap and stupid are a dangerous combination indeed!

Seriously though, cash and no car payments are a real joy to me. I am by no means wealthy, and all of us know work sucks. But, I am wondering if a Z will be a bigger joy to me. From your replies, it is clear that all of you are happy with your decisions.

You guys are great. Thanks again.

All the best,

On the choice between now with a 04 Z06 or going with the 400 hp Coupe C6.

I would go with my heart, if your into the Z06 it could be the last time to own a brand new Z, we dont know if they will build another Z06 for 2006 or any year to come.

They could also rename it, i studied hard before i traded in my 02 Torch Red Z06.. it was one of the best around. I only traded up to the 04 Z for the Z16 because I like different things. I weighed out what i would see more of in the next years to come. I figured the Z16 would be more rare and a keeper. But who knows?

I dont buy for what the resale value will be later, i buy because it is what i want and makes me happy.

We live a very short life.. get what YOU want and be happy.

take care.. T. A.

Thanks, BV and T.A.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, T.A.

BlackZ28Turbo's site is nicely done.

All the best,

1stiff84 said:
I am the cheapest bastard you will ever encounter, to the point where I'm stupid enough to pass on a deal like the ones you have mentioned. Cheap and stupid are a dangerous combination indeed!

... But, I am wondering if a Z will be a bigger joy to me. From your replies, it is clear that all of you are happy with your decisions.

The other way of looking at it is that despite the discounts, they'll cost even less as used cars as the years go by, and they'll be around for a long time.

Due to the slow steering, gratuitously large steering wheel and some turn-in qualities, I'm not entirely happy with the car, but I'd never post that here.

Get out there and drive some. That'll answer all your questions. No reply necessary, and good luck.

Can you elaborate more on this slow steering and how it affects the drivability of the Z06? And what would faster steerings do to benefit? Just wondering?

Thanks......

I never thought about the steering other than if it locks up on me! LOL

rwd said:
The other way of looking at it is that despite the discounts, they'll cost even less as used cars as the years go by, and they'll be around for a long time.

Due to the slow steering, gratuitously large steering wheel and some turn-in qualities, I'm not entirely happy with the car, but I'd never post that here.

Get out there and drive some. That'll answer all your questions. No reply necessary, and good luck.

This dude Rwd must be a foreign car owner or something, sure posts alot of bad thoughts on steering in the Z06 (i've never seem to have that problem) or maybe you dont own a Z06??????? just curious to know if your reading this out of magazines or experiencing in real time with your on Z? also now you say something about the steering wheel being too BIG? Dude i would buy that other car you've been dreaming of if its that bad. Im just not one to drive something i couldn't love enough to enjoy, and it doesn't sound like you do, or maybe you dont own a Z? and if you do own a Z and drive each time thinking of that steering wheel and the way she steers. It could be dangerous to ALL of us on the roadways.

Z06/Corvette is not perfect in all areas, but NO car is.

I'd say you would have to spend alot more money to get that perfect street/road course car ... more than 40 to 50 grand.

Get ya a Z16 its a proven winner in road course! Steers wonderful too!!

peace out..

I owned an 85 and I think I know what RWD is saying. The 85 had a quicker, lighter and more of a crisp response. I liked it. But.... I also like the C5, alot. It has a very solid, heavier feel to it. I think that is why he definately needs to go out and drive one as much as possible to see for himself.

Thanks rwd, T.A., and G Wiz

I have driven an '04 Z. I never have the heart to push the car hard on test drives, since it's not mine, but I hear what you guys are saying about the steering response; I did notice that, as rwd stated, it handles more like a car, not a kart. Steering wheel size did not bother me. I love the handling and response from my '84, but I am still considering the Z.

My other opinions in comparison were an unbelievable amount of interior room and great brake response. I didn't push the car to really play with suspension.

Thanks again to all of your for your input. I appreciate it.

All the best,

When I went for a test drive the dealer asked if I wanted to test it on the highway. He said drive the car as it was your own.

I took it 0 to 6 in about 5 secs and went on the highway, lets say, I could I have been ticketed.

I drove away in my new car an hour later!

1stiff84 said:
I have driven an '04 Z. I never have the heart to push the car hard on test drives, since it's not mine, but I hear what you guys are saying about the steering response; I did notice that, as rwd stated, it handles more like a car, not a kart. Steering wheel size did not bother me. I love the handling and response from my '84, but I am still considering the Z.

My other opinions in comparison were an unbelievable amount of interior room and great brake response. I didn't push the car to really play with suspension.

Thanks again to all of your for your input. I appreciate it.

All the best,

Thanks, BV

You're probably right...that's probably what I need to do to make this decision easier.

My dealer's face looked like a DMV guy bracing himself before taking a 16-yr old out for a driving test.

I bought an 03 sixer and didn't wait on the C6 because at the time, it was more than difficult, if not impossible, to see what it would look like, yada yada. The more I drive my 03, the better I feel about not buying a C6. I think they're ugly and GM has NEVER introduced a new model without an inordinate number of problems the first few years.

My ZO6 has run great so far. I think I'll keep it. Drive one and see what 405 HP will do. The current ZO6 is just plain fast! :cool

1stiff84 said:
Hi All,

I am contemplating trading for an '04 Z06 and needed some help. I know I have come to the right place. I am happy with my '84, which holds some sentimental value, is paid for, runs great, and more than serves its purpose, but have heard nothing but raves about the Z for years now.

For those that have had less trouble than I making this decision, does this car hold up to all of the praise it has received?

For those that bought '04's, is there a reason why you did not wait for the C6's?

Thanks for helping the obviously troubled.

Regarding test drives:

Select a new dealer at the particular dealership. That sucked you couldn't open the car up!

I actually interacted with the dealerships via internet.

I think I might have used carsmart.com or autobyel or something like that.

I told them what I wanted, and want to DRIVE the vehicle that I am interested in. No games. Find me my car, give me the best price, and sell me my car.

I told him I wanted his "eff u" price after I drove it. After explaining this, we closed the deal.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom