Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 Dreaming

Small chip in rocker

Hi All,

When I took delivery, I noticed a small chip on the bottom side of the rocker panel and got a due bill for it to be fixed. The chip is about 3/8" long and 1/8" wide. No visible cracks around the chip. Looks like a lift or transport incident. They are willing to fix in their body shop, but with Dave's recent oil change incident and some of the bs that happens to other's cars when they are kept for days, I am really starting to wonder if it's worth fixing.

Would you have it fixed?

Thanks,

Chip width

Sorry for the typo; 1/16" wide.

Thanks Again,

had my 2001 Z06 on the drag strip the day after I bought it in July 2001 - haven't had a lick of problems, except for a rocking driver's seat (fixed under waranty) and the gas gauge going haywire (fixed under warranty)

1stiff84 did you sell the 84 or do you still have it?

How do you like the steering response compared to the 84? My 84 is a Z51 and I tried a base C5 a customer had and it didn't have that glued to the road feel of the Z51 Suspension in my car.

Did you buy local or did you buy from Rick Daniel? Enjoy your new ride.

:beer

Hi Moe

I had to sell the '84. It was a great car. The steering response is different on the C5; definitely not as pronounced as it was on the old '84 Z51. That was a topic discussed on this thread, too.

I bought my car from a dealership who I had bought several others from in the past.

Happy Motoring,
1 :w

Get the Z06! Don't wait.

I am a newbie owner only having my car for two weeks. I had seriously planned on getting a new C6 Corvette, but was a little leary of buying a first year model. I have a friend who purchased a used Mustang Cobra and that inspired me to look around for a used Corvette. I checked autotrader.com and found my dream car! A 2003 50th anniversary Z06, millineum yellow, HUD, electric seat with memory with some mods including halltech air intake, short antenna, lowered about an inch on factory adjusts, special alignment for better handling, shocks were upgraded to 2004 Z06 shocks, also a trunk partition with a Z06 embroidery and personalized plates: "Z06ADCT". The car had 9444 miles and is in MINT condition! It is still under factory warranty until 2006. I got the car for $37.5K and figured I saved at least $20K by not buying the C6. I saw similar cars at the dealer for $10K more. The car has all the power you will ever need and the expressions on your passengers face are priceless. Since the other car is paid for, why sell it?

Hi Z06ADCT

First, welcome to CAC...I am sure you will enjoy your time here. It's hands-down my favorite forum.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your ride. I am also thankful I did not wait for the C6.

Where are you in SoCal?

1stiff84 said:
First, welcome to CAC...I am sure you will enjoy your time here. It's hands-down my favorite forum.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your ride. I am also thankful I did not wait for the C6.

Where are you in SoCal?
I am in North Orange County. Placentia/Yorba-Linda

And where are you in SoCal? 1Stiff84?

Hi ADCT

We are in San Diego now. Ever come South?

All the best,

1 :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom