Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06's- mods and supercharging

Geneus said:
Actually, I was told the compression is somewhere between 11.2-11.3.
Boy am I good or what? lol! Right now I am running the stock LS6 heads with 64.5 cc combustion chambers. I was looking at the 225cc with 62cc combustion chambers and keeping it naturally aspirated, but now that is probably out the window if I go the supercharger route which it looks like. A nice winter project like usual. It will be alot of fun like therapy for me. Instead of stressing at work I can stress out doing that too. lol!

TODD L GRIFFITH said:
Boy am I good or what? lol! Right now I am running the stock LS6 heads with 64.5 cc combustion chambers. I was looking at the 225cc with 62cc combustion chambers and keeping it naturally aspirated, but now that is probably out the window if I go the supercharger route which it looks like. A nice winter project like usual. It will be alot of fun like therapy for me. Instead of stressing at work I can stress out doing that too. lol!

Boy, how did I miss out on this. I just got back from help my stang buddy out. He has been getting a CEL and the code was reading a bad fuel evap canster purge valve. Found out the valve wasn't grounded therefore it wasn't opening as it should. Got that taken care of but it's still sending the same coding. I think the sensor is bad. We also put my new BBK cold air system on my stang. Man what a difference in power and response.

Anyway, Yep Todd i figure we can both have a lot of fun this winter tinkering with the Zs. Hell, might even talk your buddy there into S.C.ing his vette. That would be three. If we ordered three we might get a price break:upthumbs. Todd I'll give you a call in the morning before i head over. I still have some questions about tuning and such. IMO I think S.C. is a much safer way to go than spraying and from what it looks like spraying is kind of a quick, cheap approach to big HP. We all know the old saying about cheap, you get what you paid for. In this case a lot of potential problems.

H.D. :w

Heavy Duty said:
Yep Todd i figure we can both have a lot of fun this winter tinkering with the Zs.

:w

Yikes...DIY'ers...now I am truly impressed. I guess I'm either getting to old, to lazy, or both.:D Could also be that my days of car modding went out with carburators, points, and condensers...LOL. Perhaps I'm just a bit intimidated by the level of sophistication in these cars....so my answer is "the shop." Someone has to keep them in business.

Geneus said:
Yikes...DIY'ers...now I am truly impressed. I guess I'm either getting to old, to lazy, or both.:D Could also be that my days of car modding went out with carburators, points, and condensers...LOL. Perhaps I'm just a bit intimidated by the level of sophistication in these cars....so my answer is "the shop." Someone has to keep them in business.
Actually I watched a dual OH cam swap on a Mustang GT today on Horsepower TV. It is about 10X harder than a GEN III cam swap. The GEN III's are very easy to work on we are truly lucky.

TODD L GRIFFITH said:
Actually I watched a dual OH cam swap on a Mustang GT today on Horsepower TV. It is about 10X harder than a GEN III cam swap. The GEN III's are very easy to work on we are truly lucky.

Yep...saw the same show. That was a real nice TB they had for the engine.:_rock

Geneus said:
Yep...saw the same show. That was a real nice TB they had for the engine.:_rock
Yes, I was surprised at the small gain on that stang after the swap lol! They started with a baseline of 229rwhp lol! Glad I own a Vette.

Geneus I too at times feel a little intimidated by all of the crap on these new engines. The engines are basically the same as they were back in our days (60's 70's). The thing that makes them so intimidating is the emissions crap. But if you have a good scanner the computer will tell you when things aren't right. My scan tools will also give you real time readings for most of the emissions stuff. You can also fool the computer into thinking everything is just lovely and it will never trip the CEL. Since I'm catless of the stang, I have the O2 simulators on it to keep the puter happy.

Hey Tom, Todd loaned me his vette mag yeaterday to read up on Andy's outfit. He is on CF a lot and he seems to be a really nice guy who will share info with you.

Todd, thanks for the cool reading. My WANT meter is all the way over on the right beyond 100%.

H.D.:w

Z06 Tom said:
Me too. What a job THAT looked like!

Hey Geneus, if you're looking for a shop, ECS should be in your neck of the woods. I'm still very impressed with Andy's new kit as well. The T-trim is a monster!! Link to a thread over on CF:http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1185458&forum_id=86

Hey Tom,

ECS is where I have all my work done (see sig below....they've done quite a bit for me over the past year). They are an excellent group who really understand the meaning of customer service and doing the job right.

A&A and ECS are both first rate places, and we on the east coast and those on the west coast are quite fortunate to have them available. And, yes, Andy has done a great job in fairly short order with the Vortech, just as ECS has done with the Paxton after both shops had their "falling out" with ATI.

Heavy Duty said:
Hey will one of these fit in a C4? $3500 is really good price and has got me to thinking:eek. Again.

I think the mounts are different, but I think you can make it work going from a Gen II to Gen III

Heavy Duty said:
Hey will one of these fit in a C4? $3500 is really good price and has got me to thinking:eek. Again.

I don't know about a C4, but the shop that does my work is currently doing a build of a forged LS2, and they are planning on putting LS7 heads on it with some other bells and whistles (90/90) and dropping it into one of the shop owners C5 coupe. The cam right now will probably be the G5X3 (it fits right in). I will be watching this anxiously, as this might be the direction I go (god willing) next year.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do a forged LS2, 402 with my T-trim. I'll have to have my AFR 205s machined to match the 4" bore of the LS2, but I think it'll be a monster when it's done...

TODD L GRIFFITH said:
I think the mounts are different, but I think you can make it work going from a Gen II to Gen III

I'll have to investigate on this. I would think that someone makes mounts for it. I need to see about getting one as a winter project to play with for the C4. It's been a long time since I've monkeyed around with engines. But i figure it is time to get the feet wet again;).

Natually asperated is the only way to go! Has anybody got a crack at a C-6 Z-06? If so, how did it come out? I haven't seen one out there yet. Does anybody know when Chevy is going to put the new Z-06 motor for sale?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom