Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06's, Parrots, Pets, and Pals

• Thread starter Thread starter theblackvette
  • Start date Start date
That is hilarious. I can't wait to see him singing and dancing in the vette.

theblackvette said:
Okay-My bird is able to do funny tricks. I told someone I can hold the bird upside down with his feet up in the palm of my hand and bounce him up and down. I just took some snapshots of me doing this. It was difficult to take the shot with cam in the other hand but it shows you how I can position him.

I will take pics of him in my Z06 singing and dancing with me. I can easily do that through the rear view mirror. He is such a great bird. I have had him for sixteen years since he was a baby and he loves Corvettes!!!!!!!

I will enlarge the pics for better viewing!!!!!!!

He is the original Z06 Parrot!

NASA we have liftoff!!!!!

attachment.php

CorvetteCrazy! Your raise great questions and I have your answers!

The bird is actually potty trained and usually will go only in his cage unless I have him out for a long long time! He doesn't go that often. When I drive him around in the Z06 to and from my parents house about 15 minutes he is too excited to go! He had never gone in the Z06. He just is so happy driving around and looking through the windows!

No marks on the paint either. I keep his claws neatly trimmed. He lets me cut them and actually loves manicures. I will take snap shops of me doing that one day just before I take him out in the Z06!!!!!!!!!!

I know this is a crazy thread, but is this not the most original Z06 thread ever?

He is the first and original Z06 Parrot!!!!!!!!!!

corvettecrazy said:
I have to ask this, I just can't resist, but has he ever crapped on your car?? Or better yet, in your car?

And does it leave marks when it stands on the paint??

Nice birdy though.

No Z06 here...

...but I've had to take my Shepard/wolf to the vet in the 'vette before and I found it to be a stressful trip. She gets agitated at motorcycles and pedestrians and I was ever fearful she would bump the auto shift lever with her rump so I kept a death-grip on the shifter!

We have an orange tabby cat that loves to ride in vehicles! He used to go to work with Kenny in his Bronco II, 55 miles one way. Riley would sit on Kenny's seat back and shoulder and 'talk' with him about the traffic.
I've taken Riley in the 78 once to pick up pizza. We had some curious children stand around us at the pizza place when they spied him in the back. They thought it was funny. However, I've only taken Riley in the vette that once, because he does not discriminate about the use of his claws. I don't mind him clawing Kenny's trucks, but not the vette!
Kenny doesn't take Riley to work anymore, but we do take him for a ride about town once a month. He loves it! Comes racing back into the house after a jaunt and lords it over the other cats like he is King of the Heap!

I bet your parrot feels like he is flying when you floor it in the Z06! He must be a speed-demon at heart.
Heidi

Great write up 78SilvAnniv!

Thanks for sharing. Yes my parrot certainly is a speed demon at heart.

The Z06 is headed for the body shop this morning to get repairs. It will be outta commission for a week. Then I am headed to Jazz Fest in New Orleans!!!!!!!!!! Parrot and me will then celebrate the Z06 repairs with a nice drive in the country when I get back!

78SilvAnniv said:
...but I've had to take my Shepard/wolf to the vet in the 'vette before and I found it to be a stressful trip. She gets agitated at motorcycles and pedestrians and I was ever fearful she would bump the auto shift lever with her rump so I kept a death-grip on the shifter!

We have an orange tabby cat that loves to ride in vehicles! He used to go to work with Kenny in his Bronco II, 55 miles one way. Riley would sit on Kenny's seat back and shoulder and 'talk' with him about the traffic.
I've taken Riley in the 78 once to pick up pizza. We had some curious children stand around us at the pizza place when they spied him in the back. They thought it was funny. However, I've only taken Riley in the vette that once, because he does not discriminate about the use of his claws. I don't mind him clawing Kenny's trucks, but not the vette!
Kenny doesn't take Riley to work anymore, but we do take him for a ride about town once a month. He loves it! Comes racing back into the house after a jaunt and lords it over the other cats like he is King of the Heap!

I bet your parrot feels like he is flying when you floor it in the Z06! He must be a speed-demon at heart.
Heidi

I don't know what to say about this thread, but it is damn funny!
A bird walking on a Corvette?
I am showing a co-worker this right now and she has a similar bird. She still can't believe the "in the palm of your hand trick" even after seeing the pictures. That is amazing. I try to pet parrots and they always seem to bite.
Personally, I would never ever let an animal near my Corvette.
But some people have their own ways of having a good time.

Very colorful bird you got there. Interesting thread and I would be interested in seeing you drive with that bird in your Corvette out of total curiousity.

Only the BV would think of such things to do!

:beer

theblackvette said:
Okay-My bird is able to do funny tricks. I told someone I can hold the bird upside down with his feet up in the palm of my hand and bounce him up and down. I just took some snapshots of me doing this. It was difficult to take the shot with cam in the other hand but it shows you how I can position him.

I will take pics of him in my Z06 singing and dancing with me. I can easily do that through the rear view mirror. He is such a great bird. I have had him for sixteen years since he was a baby and he loves Corvettes!!!!!!!

I will enlarge the pics for better viewing!!!!!!!

He is the original Z06 Parrot!

Quote from BV:

"I know this is a crazy thread, but is this not the most original Z06 thread ever?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm. Yeah, I would say it ranks in the top three!

Hi TBV -

Nice looking bird 'ya got there...I like birds - a good friend of mine has a parrot and a conure (sp?).

Anyway - I can see it now...

Poll: What seed is best for Corvette Birds?

1 Chicken Feed
2 Puppy Chow
3 TBV lunch crumbs

Add your choice...

best regards -

mqqn

theblackvette said:
Thanks Z_OH_6!

What kinda pets do you have and why haven't you taken them for a spin?

:)
Our 'stock' is low now since I lost my long-time friends, Baron and Shadow. Baron was a 234 pound Great Dane. The vet (the other kind of Vette) said he was the largest dane he'd even personally seen. Shadow was my Black Lab. They were inseparable in life and they died within months of each other. We still have 4 cats and two miniature dachshunds. They don't mind going for rides but not in the Vette; it's too clean for their liking. :L
BTW, your parrot photos are terrific! He seems to be a treasure and totally trusting of you. Great relationship.

Mqqn-He love BV crumbs! LOL
Thanks for your write-up.

Z_OH_6-I guess a great dane would be tough to bring in a vette. Sorry to hear you lost both pets. Thanks for sharing your story!

As for my bird-he does enjoy reading his favorite book entitled, "Corvette-The American Legend"

Hey Bv.Cool looking parrot. Let me guess do you wear an eye patch and let him ride on your shoulder as you drive around town.? Just kidding.I have no parrots.He is really a beauty.

But I have kids do they count..No I dont let them in the Z,Kidding again.
I got these little turds .No they cant go in the Z or near it. (not Kidding this time).These are bonafide Jack terrorists.Dont let them fool you as they stand their all meek and docile.Ha..
jacks.jpg

Those dogs are cool. I understand that they are crazy hyper.

Stealth1 said:
Hey Bv.Cool looking parrot. Let me guess do you wear an eye patch and let him ride on your shoulder as you drive around town.? Just kidding.I have no parrots.He is really a beauty.

But I have kids do they count..No I dont let them in the Z,Kidding again.
I got these little turds .No they cant go in the Z or near it. (not Kidding this time).These are bonafide Jack terrorists.Dont let them fool you as they stand their all meek and docile.Ha..
jacks.jpg

Here is the Harley dog. His name is Pig. I have a bird named Bird and a dog named Pig. Weird huh?

pig3.jpg

BlackZ28Turbo said:
Here is the Harley dog. His name is Pig. I have a bird named Bird and a dog named Pig. Weird huh?

pig3.jpg
Hey he is cool.Didnt I see him on Orange County Choppers?
My guys can get a little hyper. I run them often to drain them of adrenaline.
They are total characters though just like kids.

BlackZ28Turbo said:
Stealth1, your dogs are grand and BlackZ28Turbo, Pig's photo is fantastic!! ;)

Thanks Z_OH_6. He is a guys dog. He farts, belches and snores. Generally a disgusting animal but he has a really good personality and loves everyone.

Z_OH_6 said:
Stealth1, your dogs are grand and BlackZ28Turbo, Pig's photo is fantastic!! ;)

BlackZ28Turbo said:
Thanks Z_OH_6. He is a guys dog. He farts, belches and snores. Generally a disgusting animal but he has a really good personality and loves everyone.
Hey he sounds like me:L

The yorkie - Edie
c.jpg

She was ready to go that day!
d.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom