Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: ZO6 Splash Guards for the C5

D

DrNavyRet

I've seen the dremel modifications and fitment of C6 ZO6 splash guards to the rear of the C5. RPI has C6 ZO6 style splash guards (4) color matched for 179.95 and carbon fiber guards (4) for 189.95. They are a little different from the GM guards. Has anyone modified either of these guards for their C5? If you have, can you mount them with special tape on the body and screwed into the wheel tub (housing)? TIA.

I can also get GM C6 splash guards from GM Parts House shipped for 105. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the RPI ones (other than paint/carbon fiber?

I don't know anything about Z06, or the C6, but here's the flaps I'm going to get for my C5. They are through Corvette Central.

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S3LR0YLZJW63235110550D~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000050D

From my checking on this forum and the Corvette Forum, the C6 guards for the rear need to be modified to fit and the front should fit as is. The look is different; less bulky and more in line with the lines of the wheel well arch. There are ready made C6 guards for the C5, but they want 300-400 dollars. Check out the look of the APSIS brand splash guards for the C5 and then look up the GM part 19170234 from GMPARTSHOUSE.com (<$105) before you pull the trigger on the Altec. I bought and returned them; they looked just like the mud flaps that I have on my F-150.

These are the flaps I want to put on my C5. I think these are the Altec 2012-11-25_23-47-23_431.jpg

These are the flaps I want to put on my C5. I think these are the AltecView attachment 11927

Yes, those are the Altec. Do yourself a favor and just to be sure; Go to RPIdesigns.com and in their search box, type in splash guards. Scroll down to C5's splash guards and you will be able to compare the ones you like to really cheap ones to the more expensive ones. The last ones are the modified C6 guards to fit the C5. Note the cost differential for their labor which is certainly deserved, but could be a DITY.

Ordered the C6 Splash Guards from GMPartsHouse.com (delivered 105.98). Will let you know when I get them and modify the fitment to my Vette.

Ordered the C6 Splash Guards from GMPartsHouse.com (delivered 105.98). Will let you know when I get them and modify the fitment to my Vette.

The front guards fit perfectly; no modifications necessary. Will attach with 3M Automobile trim tape in addition to what is already on the guard. Will also use 2 or 3 of the plastic rivets that came with the guard, a small screw at the top tip and one at the very bottom inside the wheel well. The rear guards will need some mods to fit, but will attach the same way. Unfortunately the weather is not cooperating and my garage is down to 40 degrees. The 3M tape needs at least 60 degrees to cure properly as well as the plastic shields being somewhat flexible so actual installation will have to wait. So Merry Christmas and as a "Gampa," heed this warning," Beware, the ankle biters are coming, the ankle biters are coming.":L:D:D

Sounds awesome! I haven't ordered mine yet. I was waiting to see how yours turned out :) Thanks for the update!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom