Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR-1 Aging process

paperclerk101 said:
Took a friend for a ride, just before Carlisle and retire for winter.

BTW, he drives a '99 corolla and loves it.

I think he is still has white knuckles.

DC

That had to be a Come to Jesus experience for him! :lou

B17Crew
:w

paperclerk101 said:
Took a friend for a ride, just before Carlisle and retire for winter.

BTW, he drives a '99 corolla and loves it.

I think he is still has white knuckles.

DC

99 corolla to ZR1 for some reason I jus cant stop :L

Please post pix

B17Crew said:
Bob, any chance of posting pics of your Turquoise 91? I’ve never seen a Turq Z in person. You’ve obviously enjoyed the KOTH with the mileage your showing. It’d be great to see how your Z has “aged” with 225,000 miles on the odo.

B17Crew
:w
and one of the instrument cluster showing the 225 k would be fantastic...I might want to make it my avatar !

hahahahah

I am :L :L ;LOL :rotfl now...I will never forget his face when we got back home...I'm in sales and like to think I can read people...he was going to have nightmares about that ride...no joke...I live maybe 100 yards past a 1/4 mile from a light. The light is on a 4 lane highway, so I always end my rides on a 80+ burst to my street with a hard braking and quick turn up my hill, my whole family always knows when I am coming home...If the burnout through a light 5 mins before didn't freak him, passing someone in the left lane at 85+ and hard braking in the emergency lane on the right of them and hard 90 degree turn did.

Dave

Maybe...sometimes you need to ''reverse engineer"

the way you think things out.
By that I mean....realistically, why would the less than 1500 93 through 95 cars significally decline much more in value, barring a recession.
Old cars in general, and special or limited production cars especially, hit a bottom at some point. 93-95 Z's are relatively rare. The ruby red 40ths are even rarer. How low could they go ? No one knows, but there were, I believe, several thousand of the big block vettes from the late 90s. Now everybody wants one and they're a big deal at some of the auctions. What about cars in the 100's or less....how low can they go ? I believe we could see some decline, but also could see some dramatic jumps. In the end, if we more or less stay even we are way ahead of the game. How many really beautiful, incredibly fast toys keep much of their value over the years ? That $50k Lexus is just going to be a $7500 used car in about 8 years...you can count on that.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom