Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR-1 winshield

Antonio

HI, I"m looking into buying a ZR-1 and I had a question. Does it bring down the value of the car if the oringinal winshield has been replaced? And if so how much? I've been reading and doing research and I'm relizing that if you have to replace a winshield it's either expensive of next to impossible to replace. Any thoughs would be helpful,thx.

A standard C-4 windshield will fit a ZR-1. However if you are buying it for collector purposes it does make a difference. A replacement original windshield is going to be expensive, that's if you can find one. They had a laminating problem that I have seen in about 25% of the ZR-1's I have been around. I believe it is a result of the sun shade material in the windshield. They used it to compensate for the smaller A/C compressor. Does it matter? I have a little on mine around the edges but it does not impair my vision. One of the worst ones I have seen from the outside did not affect vision from the inside. In answer to your question, yes some, but not if you only want to enjoy driving it.

HI, I"m looking into buying a ZR-1 and I had a question. Does it bring down the value of the car if the oringinal winshield has been replaced? And if so how much? I've been reading and doing research and I'm relizing that if you have to replace a winshield it's either expensive of next to impossible to replace. Any thoughs would be helpful,thx.
Good question.

Unfortunately, the ZR-1's solar ray windshield is prone to delamination over time. That's one of the reasons why you see some ZR-1 windshields that look blotchy or foggy. The delamination can get bad enough that it hinders your vision when looking through it.

If you buy a ZR-1 with the original windshield, chances are, eventually, it will delaminate. If you buy a ZR-1 with a standard C4 windshield, then you'll never have to worry about the delamination issue, and there are plenty of standard C4 windshields out there, whereas there's virtually no replacement ZR-1 windshields.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom