Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR1 Question

mdj89

What might happen to prices on the 09 ZR1 in three years........and IF they dropped, would you buy one?

What might happen to prices on the 09 ZR1 in six years....

90s and 91s will stay flat or maybe go up a bit for really nice cars or cars with histories.

92-95 will slowly rise as long as they are nice cars or cars with unique histories.

....and IF they dropped, would you buy one?

Nah.
One's enough.

I really like my 2004 Z06 Z16, dont think I'll sell it for a long time and it only has 3000 miles on it. Definetly alot of fun to drive as I'm sure the C6 Z06s are also.

Would I purchase a ZR1 ? I really think so. What I'd have to look into would be how much more repair costs and insurance costs would be.

But I'm sure most people would say if you can afford these cars, you dont worry about anything else..

With the economy as bad as it is, hard to say.
However, if history repeats itself, the 09 ZR1 will drop in re-sale value each and every year. Might start to appreciate in 20 years, but that's if you keep everything original, extremely low miles, and have a rare configuration like Atomic Orange, Blade Silver, standard wheels, and 1LZ package.

Why worry about six years from now. You buy a Corvette for now, to enjoy now, to drive now. You can't put a dollar value on the experince of driving a Corvette. I have owned serveral Corvettes and never bought one wondering what it would be worth in six years.
I bought them to drive and enjoy.

C7 Corvettes wont be as powerful as a 1990-95 ZR-1 or a 09 ZR1 so expect the last for a while of very powerful Corvettes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom