Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Where to get an oil pan gasket?

JT ZR-Won

Corvette
'90 ZR-1 #3010
I am going to replace the oil pan gasket and was wondering if I should go with the stock gasket......or does Felpro make one for the ZR-1? Thanks for any help....

Jay

Jason,

Just out of curiosity, why are you replacing the gasket? Also, have you checked your local Chevrolet dealer?

Jay,
My oil pan gasket was leaking some also.

Like Rob said, all I had to do was tighten the oil pan bolts. They were very loose (finger tight). Never had a leak since!! :D

It's a common problem on the 90 MY ZR-1

You should be able to get the OEM gasket still from GM. I don't think Felpro or anyone else makes them for the LT5.

I'm sure you can get the OEM gasket from this Web Site (Van Devere GM) for a good price: http://www.vandevere.com/
Dal Slabaugh is the Parts Manager and gives Good prices on ZR-1 items. Just send a parts inquiry to him and he will get right back to you.

Thanks for the info Gordy......

Rob, I had the car jacked up and found a leak (very small leak) coming from the very front passenger side of the oil pan. The bolts didn't feel to be loose, but when I get my car up on the lift in a couple weeks, I'll be able to inspect it a little more closely.

I was reading the LT-5 manual & the oil pan doesn't really sound that difficult to remove. So I figured while I was under there........what the heck.......
I'd like to Locktite those bolts too.......I'll keep ya posted

Jay

Jay,
Make sure you inspect the Oil Cooler lines, Oil Sending Units (2) while your at it.
The Oil "Pressure" Unit is the one visable next to the Oil Filter. There is another "Idiot Light Only" Unit tucked under the Oil Filter on the Front of the engine.

Some of these have been known to "weep" and can appear to be an oil leak coming from the very front passenger side of the oil pan.

Jay,
Make sure you inspect the Oil Cooler lines, Oil Sending Units (2) while your at it.
The Oil "Pressure" Unit is the one visable next to the Oil Filter. There is another "Idiot Light Only" Unit tucked under the Oil Filter on the Front of the engine.

Some of these have been known to "weep" and can appear to be an oil leak coming from the very front passenger side of the oil pan.

Gentlemen,

I'm looking to replace my gasket because the oil leak is insane, 95% of the bolts were finger tight and 2 were missing? But the problem is that this dam pan is kind of glued to the block and doen't want to come off. Did one off you removed is pan? What is the trick?;help BTW the bolts are all off!;)

Thank for your help,

Martin
'91 ZR1

Gaskets from www.jerrysgaskets.com he makes gaskets just fro the LT5.

Support him please.

Thank for the info, it's already done using Jerry's gasket kit. As for the sticky pan, I removed all the bolts and left only 2 bolts ½ way unscrewed overnight and the gravity did it's job! Got back from work the day after and the pan was unstucked, put the new gasket, O'ring, new bolts and torqued everything as per spec.

:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom