Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning! Buyers BEWARE! ZR1 being sold online with questionable history.

638hp

Corvette
2010 white ZR1
Folks I would like to share this with everyone. I am currently in the market for a 2013 zr1 and came across a car that seems to be priced on the lower end on the scale. So while doing my due diligence I ran carfax/autocheck reports, requested more information and copy of title, and called GM to verify that the warranty is still valid. On this car the warranty was BLOCKED by GM and title has General Motors listed as the OWNER, not the lien holder. Carfax shows the car being sold by GM as a factory vehicle at an auction as a RED LIGHT - AS-IS.

Car is a 2013 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 for sale by dealer with roughly 8000 miles it. Furthermore, the VIN number is not even listed on the ZR1 registry.

This car was for sale by a used car lot called ROLLIT MOTORS, and now its for sale by another used car dealer called DAVIS AUTOSPORT in Richmond Virginia. When asked why the warranty is blocked, or why the drivers seat shows so much wear from only 8k miles, I got no answers. My guess is it was a test mule or some sort of race school vehicle. Either way something is not quite right.

VIN # 1G1Y62DT7D5800409

Here are the links:

Davis AutoSports

Chevrolet Corvette Modded or Stock Its Up to You Gorgeous Car | eBay

I'm guessing it's a lemon law GM buyback or factory loaner for press, etc. It's clever to mod the engine to explain the why the warranty will not be valid. I'd never buy a Z with a blocked factory warranty.....what could possible go wrong????

Your warning should be heeded.

I'm guessing it's a lemon law GM buyback or factory loaner for press, etc. It's clever to mod the engine to explain the why the warranty will not be valid. I'd never buy a Z with a blocked factory warranty.....what could possible go wrong????

Your warning should be heeded.

I'd be more inclined to believe it's a "Lemon Law" GM buyback Vehicle!:thumb

I've bought several GM factory Demo vehicles and they have all had remainder of the factory warranty from date and miles put in service!:thumb:thumb

If a "Lemon Law" vehicle go's through any Auto Auction believe me RED and YELLOW lights will be flashing and will be announced "Lemon Law,No Warranty"several times as it go's through the lane! :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom