Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

DCT Filter change

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - '21 Silver Flare Coupe - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
Okay, A couple of weeks ago, my 2021 Corvette was approaching 7000 miles - time to consider getting that first service done which includes the DCT filter change. I make an appointment at my favorite dealer service department and decide to wait (the service writer said that the DCT filter change would take about 3 hours.). After an hour, they tell me that they have completed the engine oil and filter change but I'll have to come back for the DCT filter because they are out of stock.
Last week I get the call that they have the filter. I am again told that the filter change will take about 3 hours. So, this past Monday, I drive to the dealership and wait for the filter change.
The filter change takes about 3 hours like they promised except for one little problem. They can't check the fluid level if the transmission temperature is above 105f. Well, my trans temp is well over 140 due to the drive to the dealership. It took 4 hours for the trans temp to cool below 105f.
IT was a good thing I brought a good book to read while I sat around the dealership waiting for the temperature to get low enough to check.
If you haven't had your first service done yet, plan to leave your C8 with the dealership for the day.

Okay, A couple of weeks ago, my 2021 Corvette was approaching 7000 miles - time to consider getting that first service done which includes the DCT filter change. I make an appointment at my favorite dealer service department and decide to wait (the service writer said that the DCT filter change would take about 3 hours.). After an hour, they tell me that they have completed the engine oil and filter change but I'll have to come back for the DCT filter because they are out of stock.
Last week I get the call that they have the filter. I am again told that the filter change will take about 3 hours. So, this past Monday, I drive to the dealership and wait for the filter change.
The filter change takes about 3 hours like they promised except for one little problem. They can't check the fluid level if the transmission temperature is above 105f. Well, my trans temp is well over 140 due to the drive to the dealership. It took 4 hours for the trans temp to cool below 105f.
IT was a good thing I brought a good book to read while I sat around the dealership waiting for the temperature to get low enough to check.
If you haven't had your first service done yet, plan to leave your C8 with the dealership for the day.
Mines not due for a while but good to know. Thanks.

Guys,
I was with the mechanic when they changed my DCT filter.
Once the car is on the lift, they have to remove the protection plate under the transmission (around 12 bolts maximum), then remove the 4 bolts that hold the filter body, pull the filter out of the transmission and then reverse the operations. All of this including the setup of the car on the lift can't take more than 1 hour.
They then need to check the oil level (not in my case as I added the 2 liters of oil for track purpose).
To check the oil, they need to remove the rear wheel on the driver side, remove the check plug on side of the transmission. This may add another 30 minutes at the most.
3 hours total is, by my own opinion, twice as much time as they need to do the job.

Reactions: Rob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom