Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tail light question, 1973

Corvette
1973 L-48 Coupe
Im going to change my back-up lights to match the outer as i have no need for the reverse lights. (I have the red "bubble lights" and my rear window is tinted dark as possible, i cant see it if they were lit regardless.)
So im trying to buy the proper socket housing and it has 2 available, with fiber optic and without fiber optic. I have no idea what that is, i dont see it on mine , but before i make the purchase I want to be sure im getting the right one for the application.
Thanks for the assist,

Chas:_rock

Chas,
1971 was the last year for fiber optics. They are small lenses in the console fed by fiber optic cable to let you know if the lights were working. All you need to buy is two outer assemblies for a 73. Just make sure working back-up lites aren't required for state inspection.
Mike

Chas,
1971 was the last year for fiber optics. They are small lenses in the console fed by fiber optic cable to let you know if the lights were working. All you need to buy is two outer assemblies for a 73. Just make sure working back-up lites aren't required for state inspection.
Mike

Many Thanks Mike:beer

Chas

I suppose this is something you area wanting to do right now, but if you can wait for a swap meet, you can get the complete set up for a song.

I suppose this is something you area wanting to do right now, but if you can wait for a swap meet, you can get the complete set up for a song.

Its actually an ongoing "project".....i have been trying to get the parts i need here and there, but all i have are the lights for a later 70's/early '80's and not the one i need. i noticed in a Mid-America catalog about the fiber-optic and that started me thinking about which one i actually had. i havent seen anything like fiber optics in my vette but it never hurts to ask eh?
I dont plan on doing much over the winter but im going to gather the parts i need and go at it in the early spring.
Thanks, Chas

I was thinking about starting a similar thread.My tailights need replacing on my 70 and ive been thinking about using 4 of the outer lenses and getting rid of the backup lights.(which aren't connected to my Hurst shifter anyway)I just think it would look cool(and safer)if all 4 brake lights came on at the same time.

I was thinking about starting a similar thread.My tailights need replacing on my 70 and ive been thinking about using 4 of the outer lenses and getting rid of the backup lights.(which aren't connected to my Hurst shifter anyway)I just think it would look cool(and safer)if all 4 brake lights came on at the same time.

Take a look at the tail of any '68. All four light. It's the only way to fly.
:)

Yes, they are in the lower exhaust panel.
Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom