Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Work around for driver seat replacement problems - C6Z06

Z

Z06_505

I am a new member to CAC . I have a 2006 C6Z06 and have been tracking it since last May. I want to further the experience by replacing my OEM seat with a competition seat and adding harness and harness bar. I have read on other forums that removing the OEM seat renders the SIR system inoperative as well as the power telescoping steering wheel. There may also be DIC alarms. I have not seen a solution to these problems, but suspect one similar to the CAGS eliminator resistor could be done or has been done. Thought I'd check with this group to see if someone has figured out a work around solution.

The power and performance of the C6Z06 is unreal and I need the additional upgrades to keep myself planted in the seat.

Here are passing highlights from a recent event at Sebring. (11min-42 meg)

http://home.insightbb.com/~c6z06/SBpass.wmv

Thanks....:beer

I am a new member to CAC . I have a 2006 C6Z06 and have been tracking it since last May. I want to further the experience by replacing my OEM seat with a competition seat and adding harness and harness bar. I have read on other forums that removing the OEM seat renders the SIR system inoperative as well as the power telescoping steering wheel. There may also be DIC alarms. I have not seen a solution to these problems, but suspect one similar to the CAGS eliminator resistor could be done or has been done. Thought I'd check with this group to see if someone has figured out a work around solution.

Thanks....:beer
Hi there,
The solution is to install the harness bar and the 5 point harness AROUND the stock seat.
It is pretty simple, as long as common sense is followed.
DO NOT HINDER THE LEFT SIDE BOLSTER AREA, FOR THE SIDE IMPACT BAG.
That is the underlying rule.
The stock seat is very supportive and works very well on aggressive maneuvers.
The 5 point harness is the key.
Correctly installed with the harness bar, you will NOT hinder the seat operation, keep the air bags functional and all you have to do is install a latch to the seat belt buckle.
Allthebest, :bash

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom