Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tail light conversion

JimT

Corvette
1972 Red Stingray
carwork11.jpg
[/IMG]I installed bullet type tail light lenses, modified the wiring so all four lights lite during braking, and both tail lights flash when the turn signal is activated. I then installed low wattage fog lamps under the bumpers as my backup lights. Looks good and works great. I may eventually move them to the tag area.
carwork11.jpg

It's a 72 - my profile was wrong! Sorry about that.
It's OK...we typically allow the new guys some slack. :D

Welcome to the :CAC, Jim!

Man that looks great! I bet a good friend spotted the wiring problem when the left rear light didn't light...:L

I see you figured out how to post pics too.;)

See ya Friday.

Like the look...looks familiar..live here in texas..no back up lights required. Hope I never need em...hehe! :D

Tail Light Modification

Like the look...looks familiar..live here in texas..no back up lights required. Hope I never need em...hehe! :D

I like your light locations. I was trying to decide where to place mine, and found pre-threaded mounting hole under the bumpers, so, that's where they went. But I've been thinking lately that inside the tag shroud would be a lot less noticeable.

JimT

Ive also been thinking about doing this modification since my back-up lights aren't hooked up to my Hurst shifter anyway.I saw the 75 in your profile and the chrome bumpers in the picture and thought Hmmmm.Somethings not right here.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom