Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Solution to deck lid only popping open 1/4" !

B

barrynk

Does your Corvette C5 deck lid only pop open 1/4" ?

For those whose deck lid doesn't pop up far enough to open with your fingers, you might want to try this simple solution at http://www.c5trunkpopper.com.

TrunkSpring-1.jpg

It's an additional spring that mounts to the latch, and allows the trunk to pop open almost an inch. I tried lubing hinges and adjusting latches with no results. Adjusting the bump stops caused the lid to not sit flush with the rest of the trunk, something I didn't like. Some have had good luck with replacing the struts.

This $12 solution pops the trunk open about 3/4".

Thanks,
Barry

Posted with permission from Rob, site administrator - Thanks.

Do they come in Millennium Yellow? :D

L8TR - D

Sorry, I only have black available. If I get enough interest, I could make some in yellow, red, or blue, but the end cap is molded in black, so it might look funny.

Thanks!
Barry

Barry's fix works great!

:beer installed tonight - 5 minutes and works great!

Great product! I put mine on today and it was an easy install. Took about 5 min. and that included getting tools together. Had a little trouble getting paypal to work but it was worked out. The trunk now pops open like it should have when Chevrolet designed it.
:beer

I just installed mine, and it works great. Barry, what a great idea, hope you make millions.
Tom:)

I just installed mine, and it works great. Barry, what a great idea, hope you make millions.
Tom:)

Glad to hear it works for you - at $12 I'd have to sell a LOT to make millions! :L

I purposely decided not to charge the usual "corvette tax" - like pricing the popper at $39.99 :W. The online corvette community has been very good to me, and I'm just happy to help solve a nagging little problem with the deck lid!

regards,
Barry

Hey Guys, If you don't want to spring for the cost of the fix just remember to push the hatch release as you exit the car and as long as your windows are closed the hatch/trunk will jump up at least 1 inch when you close the doors --- just a thought!

Hey Guys, If you don't want to spring for the cost of the fix just remember to push the hatch release as you exit the car and as long as your windows are closed the hatch/trunk will jump up at least 1 inch when you close the doors --- just a thought!

What a restriction. My top is always down. There goes that idea.

The spring is worth it.

Very True, We don't have the winter temps here you guys do in south Florida. To be perfectly honest, I ordered a spring kit yesterday myself.

A very simple solution and it works great. Took me all of two minutes to put it on.

Great idea. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom