Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 How many LT4 Convertibles Total

1996 LT4 Topic
B

benchrgw

I've been trying to find production numbers for LT4 Convertibles

469 Collector Edition Convertibles with LT4
190 Grand Sport Convertible (LT4 as part of GS option)

How many other LT4 Convertible were produced in 1996?
Anybody know?

Production on Lt-4s

I've been trying to find production numbers for LT4 Convertibles

469 Collector Edition Convertibles with LT4
190 Grand Sport Convertible (LT4 as part of GS option)

How many other LT4 Convertible were produced in 1996?
Anybody know?

If you look at the tech center / model center on this site its all there. You should be able to back into the number.

Joe

If you look at the tech center / model center on this site its all there. You should be able to back into the number.

Joe
Joe - I'm apparently missing something tech/ model center gave me the number for the Collector Edition Convertibles with LT4 and I got 190 production number for Grand Sport Convertibles which were of course LT4's but there are 2,798 non-Collector Edition / Non - Grand Sport Convertibles left that I'd like to know how many of that remaining 2,798 came from Bowling Green with the LT 4 in the engine bay. Has National Corvette Museum or BG ever disected the numbers to determine How many LT4 Convertibles vs How Many LT4 Coupes

I'm pretty lucky to have a LT4 CE Convertible with F45 suspension, Bose CD, extended mobility option, PKE and spare delete so pretty rare - but just trying to see how many brothers it has. Rolled over 27,500 miles today so it's led a pretty sheltered life to this point.

Go to "www.wright.edu/~mathews.5" - has all the info you want.

http://www.wright.edu/~mathews.5/

Try this link and click on "Production #'s" - upper left corner. This gives the listing of all vehicles by exterior color first then breaks down by coupes and convertibles, 6-speed or automatic, color of interior and suspension options.

You'll need to do the math to get the composite totals... but it's all there.

This is really helpful to determine "uniqueness" - Aqua = 6 LT4 Verts ... Purple = 17 LT4 Verts... that's some rare air.

http://www.wright.edu/~mathews.5/

Try this link and click on "Production #'s" - upper left corner. This gives the listing of all vehicles by exterior color first then breaks down by coupes and convertibles, 6-speed or automatic, color of interior and suspension options.

You'll need to do the math to get the composite totals... but it's all there.

This is really helpful to determine "uniqueness" - Aqua = 6 LT4 Verts ... Purple = 17 LT4 Verts... that's some rare air.

Thanks - great info - so if my math is close - someone feel free to check me
469 LT4 Collector Editions Convertibles (All colors all suspensions)
190 Grand Sports
631 LT4 All other Color Convertible w/ LT 4 ) All suspensions

Total 1290 LT 4 convertibles -

I've been making the case (which several on the site don't agree with - that's ok) that those are the 1290 fastest PRODUCTION Convertibles built through 1996 -
My logic BK2 was not a production car as final assembly was at Callaway not BG plus it carried an option price above the cost of a base model and ZR-1 never went in a convertible, also not a GM motor but final assembly was at least in Kentucky . Fun to argue about.

one of the brothers

Joe - I'm apparently missing something tech/ model center gave me the number for the Collector Edition Convertibles with LT4 and I got 190 production number for Grand Sport Convertibles which were of course LT4's but there are 2,798 non-Collector Edition / Non - Grand Sport Convertibles left that I'd like to know how many of that remaining 2,798 came from Bowling Green with the LT 4 in the engine bay. Has National Corvette Museum or BG ever disected the numbers to determine How many LT4 Convertibles vs How Many LT4 Coupes

I'm pretty lucky to have a LT4 CE Convertible with F45 suspension, Bose CD, extended mobility option, PKE and spare delete so pretty rare - but just trying to see how many brothers it has. Rolled over 27,500 miles today so it's led a pretty sheltered life to this point.

I guess mine is one of the brothers......does not have the spare tire delete like you but along with the LT4/CE/F45/Vert it has the PEG (preferred equipment group),which includes 6 way power driver seat , electronic air conditioning (climate control) and also the upgraded Bose system that includes CD player and Delco Loc 11. It is also optioned with the six way passenger seat.....36,000 miles, no winters, garage kept, but I try to get it out when I can.
So probably quite similar to yours............these are handsome, fast, well equipped Corvettes in my opinion.

I took it to my weekly pickup hockey game the other night (right after I took it out of winter storage) with the top down, hockey bag propped up in the passenger seat and sticks out in the breeze.....now that got me some thumbs up from the other cars on the 401 HWY across Toronto......nice to be back on the road again.
RG

Roadster - really like the looks of your car LOL Yes they are definitely brothers - almost twins. Take care of it and have some fun as well.

Band of Brothers

:cool I have the Grey interior and the FE1 Suspension, fully optioned... less than 24,000 on the clock... bone stock... which makes it 1 of 76 that match those production specs. So, even though these vehicles have the same heritage and bloodlines, they're all personalized and unique in some way... just like their owners. I find it really enjoyable to do the routine service and maintenance, to keep it clean and detailed and most of all to drop the top and cruise down a smooth stretch of highway. My slice of Heaven on Earth.:cool

Another one for the "Band"

:cool I have the Grey interior and the FE1 Suspension, fully optioned... less than 24,000 on the clock... bone stock... which makes it 1 of 76 that match those production specs. So, even though these vehicles have the same heritage and bloodlines, they're all personalized and unique in some way... just like their owners. I find it really enjoyable to do the routine service and maintenance, to keep it clean and detailed and most of all to drop the top and cruise down a smooth stretch of highway. My slice of Heaven on Earth.:cool

Mine's got the Gray interior too...1 of 157 (according to the specs right on CAC). 21K miles on the clock, and bone stock. I'm with you, SL1digital, on just droppin' the top and rolling down the road. Nothing better to take your cares away.

Seems like a bunch of our rides were "separated at birth".

CE LT4 -

Yes, 157 total LT4 Verts with the Grey interior... 81 with the F45 Suspension and 76 with FE1 Base Suspension. What a sweet ride... personally, my "pick of the litter".

Right you are. I think I'll now start describing mine as 1 of 76. The "finer" the numbers detail, the better.

Hey, that's pretty cool... we have 2 of the 76... sort of like "twin sons of different mothers":beer

Hey, that's pretty cool... we have 2 of the 76... sort of like "twin sons of different mothers":beer
OK you 2 so would you agree we are all pretty lucky to have some of the fastest - if not the fastest Corvette Convertibles built - really possibly clear up to the C6's as fairly documented that many if not all LT4's out ran the LS1's but GM could never admit that as bad PR for new release of LS1's in the 97's and up.

LT4 power was clearly understated by Chevy - not the first time that ever happend -
Time after time - dyno tests showed LT4's were 350+ horsepower and a few freaks of nature at nearly 390 - over time I think the legend will grow
KEEP :) :) :)

Time after time - dyno tests showed LT4's were 350+ horsepower and a few freaks of nature at nearly 390 - over time I think the legend will grow
KEEP :) :) :)

I'm with you on this one... "further on up the road" when you start talking about LT4's and LT4 Verts, someone will be paying attention. I know I have been for the last couple years. I had to give a nod to Eric Clapton who is in town tonight (minus Derek Trucks) with the Robert Cray band.:bowrofl

I'm with you on this one... "further on up the road" when you start talking about LT4's and LT4 Verts, someone will be paying attention. I know I have been for the last couple years. I had to give a nod to Eric Clapton who is in town tonight (minus Derek Trucks) with the Robert Cray band.:bowrofl

Hey you two...sounds like we could just have the beginings of our own little "CE / LT4 Club" here. We could be doing a whole lot worse....this CE / LT4 is one fine car. Kind of an elegant, classy, understated "poor man's GS". Personally, I'm just loving this car.

By the Way, SL1digital...did you get to see "Slowhand" last night?

By the Way, SL1digital...did you get to see "Slowhand" last night?

Nah, I missed him... prior commitment... but he got great reviews... did a lot of material from the "Layla" era that was recorded with Duane Allman. I hear it was smokin'.

I also have a CE LT4 Vert with grey interior. Every option, EMT without spare tire delete(funny thing, the NCM window sheet doesn't agree) ( I also have the window sticker that shows that). I also have the hardtop option. I picked up this baby in AZ last summer, drove Route 66 to take it home, (NY). This thing can really fly: I had it up to 130 in New Mexico, and it just felt on its own going 88mph all the time. I did get 2 speeding tickets in Ohio. One: the classic come up to the top of the hill-gotcha. The other was with an air patroll (yeah, by plane)-can't really fight that when you live far away. Car has 29K now. I still enjoyed the whole trip, it was like buying a brand new car and hitting the open road.:lou

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom