Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wondering about moving up...

Rat Race

Reading that other thread about steep discounts got me to thinking about trading up to a Z06.

Only because I think my car is at that sweet spot where it is 2 years old with fairly low milage on it (about 15k) not a scratch on her and in perfect shape.

However, if prices are discounted so severely on new ones, than whats the incentive for a person to buy a used one?

Just wondering if any of you have gone thru this or are contemplating the same move.

Also, are these discounts even being applied to Z06's? I guess i could start looking, just thought id ask here first.

And does anybody think the Mag red would add a premieum? Im thinkin some may be put off by a Z 51, Ive never ridden in a base car but to me there is no harshness at all in a Z 51.

Thats it

Those discounts do not apply to Z06. You are lucky if you can get a Z06 under MSRP. I thought about a Z06, but quickly put it out of mind thinking about the 30,000 more I would have to pay to get it. If you have the cash to burn though, go for it, the Z06 is awesome!:upthumbs

Listen to this

Reading that other thread about steep discounts got me to thinking about trading up to a Z06.

Only because I think my car is at that sweet spot where it is 2 years old with fairly low milage on it (about 15k) not a scratch on her and in perfect shape.

However, if prices are discounted so severely on new ones, than whats the incentive for a person to buy a used one?

Just wondering if any of you have gone thru this or are contemplating the same move.

Also, are these discounts even being applied to Z06's? I guess i could start looking, just thought id ask here first.

And does anybody think the Mag red would add a premieum? Im thinkin some may be put off by a Z 51, Ive never ridden in a base car but to me there is no harshness at all in a Z 51.

Thats it

Mine's 2 years old. Listed for $55,000. Priced an '07 at a dealer in my town and the guy wanted $17,000 difference. Now I'm no genius but assuming with the increase and the auto on the wheel(1250 extra) that's about 57 or more . So the guy STILL wanted sticker. My car:$37,000 plus 18,000 = 55,000 that's sticker. My car is perfect if there is one. 14,000 MILES, SAME AIR IS IN THESE TIRES NO KIDDING. UNBELIVABLE. I laughed and waked away.

wwr

Those discounts do not apply to Z06. You are lucky if you can get a Z06 under MSRP. I thought about a Z06, but quickly put it out of mind thinking about the 30,000 more I would have to pay to get it. If you have the cash to burn though, go for it, the Z06 is awesome!:upthumbs
Same here, the Z06 is a great car, but not for me.

Wanted a Z06

but

Wanted a Convertible much more.

Settled for what I have....:cool

New vette owner

I am only 36 and just ordered my 07 Atomic orange LT3/Z51 with GPS etc etc and I don't see the attraction to the Z06's. I have a 96 Mystic Cobra so this is a nice step up but for the price of a Z06 there just isn't enuf car for me to justify the price. The bigger engine and better suspension just doesn't seem like it's worth the hefty price tag over my vette.

Farley

I agree with the other posts here Rat Race...

The Z06 is and awesome car and I'd love to have one, but I just justify the additional cost. I bought 2 new '07's for just a tiny bit more than 1 Z06. And 2 in the hand is better than... or is that a bush? Oh well, the wife and I both have our own vettes for about the same money as 1 Z06.

Hecox

Z06

The Z06 runs hot (inside, the tunnel is hot you need to have the air on in the summer), the top doesn't come off and it costs 20 grand more. Unless your rich it's not worth it.

The Z06 tunnel does NOT seem to get excessively hot. I don't want a drop-top, don't want an automatic, and don't think it is too expensive (my wife DOES want the top off in nice weather, so she got a new coupe when I got a new Z06).

BUT.... if I couldn't afford a new Z06, I would not get a C6, but rather a C5 Z06. It is all about the performance!
Gersh

BUT.... if I couldn't afford a new Z06, I would not get a C6, but rather a C5 Z06. It is all about the performance!
Gersh

I don't know the stats, but there is only a 5 hp difference between a C5 Z06 and a standard C6. I would suspect most people couldn't tell the difference. Now there may be differences in suspension and the rest of the drive train that would also factor into the overall performance. ;shrug

Hecox

Expensive is relative to the size of your bank account.
"is it worth it" is relative to what you are comparing it to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8px4QuTe1_A

IMO the performance you get compared to other cars in its category it is well worth the $$. Unfortunately my bank account isnt big enough for that much performance now. :rotfl

That's the first time I've see the Birt's give a good review of the Z06. That's great!!!

Hecox

I don't know the stats, but there is only a 5 hp difference between a C5 Z06 and a standard C6. I would suspect most people couldn't tell the difference. Now there may be differences in suspension and the rest of the drive train that would also factor into the overall performance. ;shrug

Hecox

There is a much bigger difference in performance between the C5 Z06 and the standard C6 than you think. I know the C5 Z06 is only rated 5hp higher, but quarter mile results show a much bigger difference. If you look at the real world quarter mile results, a ton of people have gotten their bone stock C5 Z06s into the 11s, I believe the record time is 11.79. But nobody has gotten even close to that with a C6, the best bone stock time is 12.21.

That being said, I'd much rather have a C6 than a C5 Z06. I've never liked the looks of the C5 Z06 at all, and I love having a removable roof. I can't wait to trade my C5 for a C6 when the prices come down a little more.

Hecox
One of the biggest differences is the transmission--not the 5 HP. Having driven both back and forth, it is a BIG difference, due to the gearing. My last car was a C5 Z06 and it was WAY more fun than my wife's current C6 Coupe. Trust me.
Gersh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom