Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

80' HEI Distributor, where is the tach lead?

3GenMuncie4

Corvette
1980 Yellow Coupe
I have a 1980 coupe with HEI ignition and there is a white wire with connector on the end of it coming from the negative side of the distributor, which is where the tach plugs in, but there I can't see another wire that would connect to it.

Where is the tach lead located that comes out of the firewall?

Just got my Vette and its a fixer-upper, so any help would be appriciated.

email: PyroManiac350@hotmail.com

Hey 3GenMuncie4, welcome to the :CAC

I don't know the answer to your question, but within the next couple of days, possibly even today, someone will chime in with the answer!

Be sure to stop over in the new member introductions forum and introduce yourself! Since your car is a fixer-upper, you'll likely be in these forums a lot asking questions and getting solid answers. The CAC is in my opinion (and I may be a weee bit biased) the best place for getting knowledgeable and friendly answers to all things Corvette.

Again, WELCOME!!! :beer

I have a 1980 coupe with HEI ignition and there is a white wire with connector on the end of it coming from the negative side of the distributor, which is where the tach plugs in, but there I can't see another wire that would connect to it.

Where is the tach lead located that comes out of the firewall?

Just got my Vette and its a fixer-upper, so any help would be appriciated.

email: PyroManiac350@hotmail.com
On my 82 there is a ballast resistor bolted on the intake manifold that couples the tach lead from the distributor to the wiring harness to the dashboard. If that's any help.

that's a capacitor, a signal filter, not a ballast resistor.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom