Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help with removing a C1 tach..

J60FI

Corvette
1960 Red on Red
Can anybody give me any direction on what the best way to remove the tach would be..

It is currently installed in the dash..

Thanks..
:beer

The tach has to be removed from the rear of the instrument pod so you will need to remove the pod to get to it. Are you asking for information on removing the pod?

Charles

The tach has to be removed from the rear of the instrument pod so you will need to remove the pod to get to it. Are you asking for information on removing the pod?

Charles

Guess there is no way to remove it without taking the pod out.

How do i remove the pod easily?;shrug

I won't say that there is absolutely no way to remove the tach without removing the pod, but I tried it once and gave up in frustration. There is no easy way to remove the pod either. I have also tried just removing the mounting bolts and tipping the pod enough to get to the tach, but overall I would say that it is easier to just disconnect everything and pull the whole thing out where you can get to it. Dropping the steering column helps also.

Charles

I won't say that there is absolutely no way to remove the tach without removing the pod, but I tried it once and gave up in frustration. There is no easy way to remove the pod either. I have also tried just removing the mounting bolts and tipping the pod enough to get to the tach, but overall I would say that it is easier to just disconnect everything and pull the whole thing out where you can get to it. Dropping the steering column helps also.

Charles

:beer
Thanks I will give it a try..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom