Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What kind of car wax do you like/use? a poll

Ruby Fan

Corvette
1985 Black Beauty Coupe, 93 Ruby, 96 CE vert
This may have been answered before in another thread, but I was wondering what you folks like to use? I have been using a can of Classic carnuba paste wax, not much residue. I have also used 'Kit' which seems to be OK. Do you like the 3 step jobs?:w

Not sure you can call it wax

But after getting new paint job, I have used nothing but Liquid Ice from turtle wax.

I use the accessory products like their detail spray and such and am real happy with the results.

I am not real concerned with the protection from the elements due to being garaged and covered when sleeping...

I have tried numerous "top end" polishes/waxes and have finally found one that I really like. Zaino. Zaino recently came out with their CS (Clear Seal) which really brings out the shine. On darker colors it is best to use their Z-6 spray enhancer after applying the CS as it tends to leave smudges. The deepest shine I've ever gotten on paint.

Zaino is the best I've ever used. ICE streaks and takes a lot more work.

Zymol

I'm a big fan of Adams Polishes.

Elaine

My latest preference has been Zaino products. The visual depth produced by Zaino has been a big plus. Ease of removal has been excellent (first application steps are time consuming, but after that, it’s the fastest process I’ve used).

Another plus is the delivery to my front door. I have little free time, so this helps out with my busy work schedule. You can get anything delivered via a internet order, Zaino ships moments after you order... It arrives to your home pretty quick!

B17Crew
:w

Zaino...there is really nothing like it. Both in ease of application, removal, and shine.

I had the same problem till I let the Ice set-up longer and use a large micro-fiber detail cloth, not a conventional towel. :upthumbs

Thanks for the advice, I'll try it on one of my other cars next waxing. One good thing, ICE does not leave a residue on the black trim.

i agree with jethro on the Beverly Hillbillies just use a brick with some 40wt oil,what a shine
jeff

Zaino is the best I've ever used. ICE streaks and takes a lot more work.

I found that crud on the paint will show up with the ICE. Got to be clean, and like Junk said give it time, I usually just walk away for half an hr depending on the weather.
I tried using ICE on a 95 GMC I bought in May and what a mess. It turned out I had to get some rubbing compound and a buffer and rub it out. After that a little ICE and very little work and I can see the trees across the street in it. Remember you don't need much. I am on my second yr with the same bottle.

Glenn
:w

Hi again...

I've moved this to the Care & Detailing section where it is sure to get more traffic!

Elaine

I really like the products fro IBIZ. The cream wax works great on dark colors and metallics. The waterless wash spray cleans away defects with ease and makes chrome look awsome

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom