Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

So...how many of us take our Vetts out if it is raining?

04 Commemorative

Corvette
04 Commemorative Conv. 6 speed
Just wondering,will you take it out if it's raining or if you know it will rain? :eek:hnoes

Just wondering,will you take it out if it's raining or if you know it will rain? :eek:hnoes

I purchased the rain proofing package when I purchased my C6. So far it has held up in the 5 times that it has been driven in the rain, just hope that it lasts past the warranty period.

I have not seen where the NADA or Kelly Blue Book reduces the value of a car just because it has been driven in the rain. Also a widget is only worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

just asking guys and girls...know they don't melt

Mine came with the wipper option and headlight pkg.(thats a hah hah)
Chances are as I tell people most vetts sit outside the BG plant for a few weeks in the rain and snow.Stuck on open rail or truck and driven thru hail ,snow sleet and rain.

Yep it hasn't hurt a thing drivin' mine in the rain.

the only one I try to avoid rain in is the 68 Vert since the wipers don't work, but the times I've been cought out in it the rainx worked good enough to get home.;LOL

Drive my 84 in rain also, its my daily driver. Still working on 71, so no, but have left 71 in rain for days to see if I had any leaks after fixing or replacing things. When its done, I'll drive it in rain too. I'd personally rather drive my bronco in heavy rain because its much easier to see out the window, but it needs work too and I'd rather be working on 71 for now.

:beer

Mine is a daily driver, so it sees rain on a regular basis. I try to avoid the snow, but have driven in it. I also drag race and autocross several times a year. :lou

Hi All,
Like nearly all of the responses so far, my '04 CE is my daily driver and doesn't get to live in the garage (my wife's new hybrid owns that real estate - some arguments just aren't worth having!). Rain handling has been surprisingly good. I do have an old Ford Explorer that I've kept for snowy weather - not too worried about the handling but I don't want to turn the air dam into a snow plow - but my vette hasn't seen a winter with me yet.
Tony C.

I try to avoid the rain but if I'm out-and-about and it starts to rain I have no choice but to drive it.

Every new Vette goes through a water test in Bowling Green to check for leaks.

I always chuckle when I see an ad that says: Never has seen rain. NOT!!!

I love driving mine in the rain. Washes the exterior and undercarriage!

Also, I get to test how good my GY GS D3s handle in the wet! :D

SAVE THE :w

neither rain nor snow nor something.....

yep ...it goes in the rain.......rainx is good.....wipers when it pours harder...grey tape to keep the leaks out ..somewhat....I'm gonna drive this sucka till i croak...:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie

Yes;Tail of The Dragon spring 2007 us and the Harley's from Alcoa Tn. Holiday Inn Express.It was Mini weekend but the rain left it to us and the Harleys.We had a goooood time.

It's the only car :) that we have in Florida, so when we go there it gets driven!
Andy :w

Rain?????

Call me a big sissy - but I avoid rain like the plague. It's
probably only seen rain three or four times in its life. These
were when it was out on long road trips. If it looks like rain
the garage doors stay closed.
Remo:cool
LongShotLeft.JPG

Both of my corvettes are daily drivers, I just switch between them. They see rain all of the time. I just won't take them out if it is raining and they are clean. Then I use the truck. But the threat of rain does not stop me from driving them. They handle well in the rain and the red color has not worn off yet. I won't drive them in the snow, so I lose about 5 months of diving each year, therefore they get driven in the rain.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom