Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

So...how many of us take our Vetts out if it is raining?

Geezz guys it was just a fugure of speech. But I should of known
you two would not be able to pass up the chance to "get" the Remo:D.
Hey you two have a good weekend.
Remo:cool
Well what do you Expect,Remo?? Were both Missouri Boy's,You Have to Show us!!!:D:D:D :upthumbs :boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie

PS Have a good weekend!!

Every new Vette goes through a water test in Bowling Green to check for leaks.

I always chuckle when I see an ad that says: Never has seen rain. NOT!!!

I love driving mine in the rain. Washes the exterior and undercarriage!

Also, I get to test how good my GY GS D3s handle in the wet! :D

SAVE THE :w

Hi Greg, I even get to drive in the rain with my top down, not on purpose of course, but I have been caught about 6 times with a cloud burst.:duh Don't seem to hurt it much and the top is very easy to put up compared to the C-4, but I do go out in the rain. What the heck is GY GS D3s.;shrug Are you going to Effingham in Sept?
Scott:beer

I don't seek it out but don't try to avoid rain either. The Goodyear GS-D3s are GREAT in the rain.

Normally I don't. But I had to use it as my D.D. the last 3 days and it has rained all 3 days.Hard to keep clean.

I am not the first owner of my Vette (Previous owner may have let him out a time or two) ......But, I NEVER take him out in the rain ....:upthumbs

Funny none of the British members chimed in.:confused

I drive Thunder across Europe to England every year and have never had a rainless trip.

The only problem I have is with the Toll booths in France. The exit is always on an incline and the roof ends just where Thunder shifts into 2nd so I go from dry to wet/oily asphalt just as 1/4 ton of torque is looking for a place to go.... if one is not paying attention one can get sideways in a hurry.:chuckle

I'm a little like Remo and Tammy. If the forecast has rain in it I usually don't drive it but if its already dirty (which it very very rarely is) I don't mind. The exception to this rule is CAC events. (i.e. spring dragon run 2007)

Priorities:
1) Vett sitting in the nice clean, dry AND warm garage? OR
2) Drivin' in the rain down an extremely curvy road with fellow CACer's?

Sign me up for #2!! :Steer

Well said, Shan. The CAC's CruiseFest wouldn't be CruiseFest without rain. And perhaps a tornado. (I'm still stunned the first tornado Woodland Park has seen in 30 years happens on arrival day for CruiseFest 2007)

For me, it isn't the fact that it may rain that bothers me, its the quantity of rain. Coming back from CruiseFest in 2005, I had a scary experience on I-70 in Kansas City during a torrential downpour.

-Patrick

I've never thought rain should deter me from driving any of my Vettes. I've driven all three in the rain. My 95, I've even driven in light snow.

I try not to take mine out in the rain. Not that it will melt, but I'm basically lazy and don't want to wash it anymore than I already do. I've been caught in the rain on our 3-day spring and fall tours. In fact, on one trip, it snowed overnight. That's how I know my rear window defogger works. At least it did two years ago!

In general, if it's raining I don't take it out. Having said that, I've been out cruising several times and got caught in the rain. :eek:hnoes :eek:hnoes :eek:hnoes

just asking guys and girls...know they don't melt

I used to drive mine in the rain, because what's the worst that can happen, it gets dirty, right?? Well, I stopped driving it in the rain because I found out the WORST that can happen is nearly being run over by @@#$**&^!!! soccer moms in their mini-vans that don't pay attention to the road/traffic when driving! 2-3 times, I nearly got run over in the rain, as I guess a low, black car "disappears" in the rain, even with it's headlights on.....

The '02 all the time. I bought that one to drive and drive and drive...

But with the '65 Coupe I'm finding myself being much more fussy. I never thought I'd be this way but with the value of these cars climbing along with the rarity, it's getting so that all I'm doing is just looking at it more than driving it. It's sad, but I'm afraid of the other guy hitting me.

Chuck M

The '02 all the time. I bought that one to drive and drive and drive...

But with the '65 Coupe I'm finding myself being much more fussy. I never thought I'd be this way but with the value of these cars climbing along with the rarity, it's getting so that all I'm doing is just looking at it more than driving it. It's sad, but I'm afraid of the other guy hitting me.

Chuck M

Very understandable!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom