Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

So...how many of us take our Vetts out if it is raining?

Picked up my C5 on a sunny day, and wound up driving it home in downpours. It's seen rain a few times and did very well on the wet roauds.
Now I have the C6. Only had it for a couple days but no rain yet. I'm going to the shore tommorow and it's suppose to rain tommorow night and Sunday for my my ride home. The Vette is going with me. The top will be up though!! :L

Call me a big sissy - but I avoid rain like the plague. It's
probably only seen rain three or four times in its life. These
were when it was out on long road trips. If it looks like rain
the garage door stay closed.
Remo:cool

I agree with Remo. When home, I always check the weather and take the Jeep if it looks like rain. On the long weekends away, I'm at Mother Natures mercy. Winter? unless it's one of the rare beautiful sunny days, the Vette stays in the garage hooked to life support. ;)

well my black z06 is almost a garage queen not that i will not go in rain but withjust passed 14000 ad thats after col. springs which added 1700 to the clock. her 2001 i will drive it any time and any where rain or shine but dont utter a word. :):bash:bash;);););););););););););););););););):eyerole:eyerole:eyerole:eyerole:eyerole:eyerole:eyeroleBilly

The typical forecast during the summer in Denver, sunny with a chance of late day showers. If I didn't drive it when it might rain, I would never drive it. It is pretty much my daily driver so I have driven it in the rain a few time. When we get home I dry it off and make it look good for the next day. So what if it might rain.

absolutely, I even have all weather tires on it. Just in case it snows. Minnesota dontcha know.

Whaddya saving it for? So it looks good when they lower it (with you in it) 6 ft. down? ;)

p.s. when the day comes, be sure your executor clay bars it first. :)

The only problem with driving it in the rain is that it gets really nasty.
Of course, that's not a big deal if its really nasty to begin with ;)

I prefer not to drive in the rain, but it usually doesn't stop me.

Tammy

Call me a big sissy - but I avoid rain like the plague. It's
probably only seen rain three or four times in its life. These
were when it was out on long road trips. If it looks like rain
the garage doors stay closed.
LongShotLeft.JPG
You "BIG" SISSY!!!!!!

Nope, she's never been in the rain since I've owned her... because the darn wipers have never worked :duh (and fixing it isn't high on the priority list).

Just wondering,will you take it out if it's raining or if you know it will rain? :eek:hnoes

I used to before I restored it. It leaks from the windshield header and the leading edge of the vert. It's not worth the trouble. I got caught in the rain coming back from the N.J. shore 2 years ago. It was horrible between the water dripping and the lack of a/c. I guess the answer is NO. I have other vehicles so why bother.

I'm a little like Remo and Tammy. If the forecast has rain in it I usually don't drive it but if its already dirty (which it very very rarely is) I don't mind. The exception to this rule is CAC events. (i.e. spring dragon run 2007)

Priorities:
1) Vett sitting in the nice clean, dry AND warm garage? OR
2) Drivin' in the rain down an extremely curvy road with fellow CACer's?

Sign me up for #2!! :Steer

From The Big Sissy

You "BIG" SISSY!!!!!!

Ya Big Freaking SISSY... :boogie

L8TR - D​

Geezz guys it was just a fugure of speech. But I should of known
you two would not be able to pass up the chance to "get" the Remo:D.
Hey you two have a good weekend.
LongShotLeft.JPG

I'm a little like Remo and Tammy. If the forecast has rain in it I usually don't drive it but if its already dirty (which it very very rarely is) I don't mind. The exception to this rule is CAC events. (i.e. spring dragon run 2007)

Priorities:
1) Vett sitting in the nice clean, dry AND warm garage? OR
2) Drivin' in the rain down an extremely curvy road with fellow CACer's?

Sign me up for #2!! :Steer
#2 for me.It does not get any better than that!!!:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom